Gonzales, Texas
    042135bfbf7743028526d12f90f1060a.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Am I the only one who made an effort to load them into a cap pistol and use them as intended? I don't think I ever enjoyed setting them off with a hammer or on the pavement near as much as using my cap pistols.

I used them in cap guns - I always found that hitting them with a rock or a hammer didn't give a pop as satisfying as using the cap gun did. I also had a metal "bomb" that you could load a single cap into the nose of and toss like a lawn dart. But, once again, the sound of it hitting a hard surface was as loud as the cap going off. It looked like this:

s-l1600.png

Sadly, this one isn't mine. But it's identical.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I used them in cap guns - I always found that hitting them with a rock or a hammer didn't give a pop as satisfying as using the cap gun did. I also had a metal "bomb" that you could load a single cap into the nose of and toss like a lawn dart. But, once again, the sound of it hitting a hard surface was as loud as the cap going off. It looked like this:

View attachment 367746

Sadly, this one isn't mine. But it's identical.
    I remember those, again bang not loud enough.....lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    USS Zumwalt. A rather odd design. It didn't work out.

The biggest flaw with the Zumwalt class was the brand new, never before used guns that were installed which required special shells that were $800,00 apiece (amazing technology, but...yeah. Expensive shots.) Then the ammo was cancelled, leaving the destroyers with guns that couldn't be fired. It also suffered from the usual shifting and changing requirements thanks to Congress being themselves, which was a factor in the gun fiasco. They still retain vertical launch tubes and smaller caliber point defense guns.

There is a possibility that the 3rd Zumwalt class ship, the USS Lyndon B Johnson, may have the useless main guns replaced with railguns. The other two ships (USS Zumwalt and USS Michael Monsoor) may be fitted with additional vertical launch tubes, possibly including hypersonic weapons.

The hull design, however, seems to be successful as far as stability and stealth. Check out how little wake there is.

A fun trivia note...the first captain of the USS Zumwalt...was Captain James Kirk. His middle initial isn't T, sadly.

Zumwalt-class-guided-missile-destroyer-USS-Michael-Monsoor-DDG-1001.jpg 51998524740_622b1be9e6_b.jpg 16081735_web1_31620613005_42af9bd7aa_b-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    Am I the only one who made an effort to load them into a cap pistol and use them as intended? I don't think I ever enjoyed setting them off with a hammer or on the pavement near as much as using my cap pistols.
    I dont remember using the ribbon in a cap gun. I remember using the red rings in a cap gun revolver.

Top Bottom