Katy
    New t-shirt got for my birthday, 72 today. image.jpg

TNHoosier

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2021
    Monkeytown
    I can tell you people DO NOT know what a custom built motorcycle is.

Which is what this motorcycle is.
    While the bike with the foot sizers for floorboards may be a 'custom', Bundy is sitting on an EVO Sportster. I had a '97 that looked just like that. The pic posted by @single stack clearly shows the bike Bundy is on has standard rubber foor pegs. The only thing those two bikes have in common are the brand H-D.

And yes, I have seen several 'custom' bikes over the years.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    While the bike with the foot sizers for floorboards may be a 'custom', Bundy is sitting on an EVO Sportster. I had a '97 that looked just like that. The pic posted by @single stack clearly shows the bike Bundy is on has standard rubber foor pegs. The only thing those two bikes have in common are the brand H-D.

And yes, I have seen several 'custom' bikes over the years.
    If you look at the bottom picture, you will see the see the SPARK ADVANCE. Not sure what year it is, but I know for a fact that it was pre 1977 because I had a 1977 "iron head" sportster.

But, it's just a picture that I thought was pretty cool. I guess, just for you, I should have posted it in the
    funny picture thread.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Remember the long gas lines in the 1970s? Then once gas got to $1.00 a gallon there was suddenly no more shortage of gas. Stunning coincidence wasn't it...
    Odd even days to get gas. I had a VW beetle and would shut off the motor while waiting in line for gas. Another trick I had was draining the gas hose after gas station was closed, a gas can and tip the hose to the ground.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Remember the long gas lines in the 1970s? Then once gas got to $1.00 a gallon there was suddenly no more shortage of gas. Stunning coincidence wasn't it...
    Friend of my parents was a riverboat Captain.

During the second FAKE "shortage" in the late '70's...he said one could walk from Pittsburgh to Baton Rouge on oil filled barges...

The first fake shortage, I was pumping gas at a Sun Oil station.....We went "even/odd" based on the inspection sticker on the window...

5 gallon limit.

And once the Big Oil firms got a buck a gallon? Just like you say...all you wanted...

Sometimes? (as I age) ....think Mssr. Pavlov's dogs were smarter than 90% of the American PubliK.....??

Top Bottom