• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Nah, he's not color blind. We've taken to wearing patriotic socks of late. 'Merica!

At least his pants aren't sagging.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    thats badass. kids nowadays are into crap I have no idea who they are. I am stuck in the 80s and 90s... good blend of punk and old gangster rap lol. mix in the early 90s "alternative" and that's where I closed the door!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    thats badass. kids nowadays are into crap I have no idea who they are. I am stuck in the 80s and 90s... good blend of punk and old gangster rap lol. mix in the early 90s "alternative" and that's where I closed the door!

oh my kids are ALL into music from decades ago. It's funny. Soooo many concerts lol.
    They like the same music as my husband though.
    Lots of older metal. Rock. They like that old school rap too.

Literally one second ago... middle kid: "dad, aren't we going to see 'Deep Purple?'
    Dad: "hell yeah, AUGUST, baby!!!"

My youngest laments... "I wish dad would have turned me on to Suicidal Tendencies earlier."
    He is definately in a "phase" now.

On shooting: My kid had to help me with the MP 15-22 during a practice match Saturday. Like he takes it out of my hands and changes the mags for me and crap (I don't know how to operate it well yet). He knows how the handle himself at the range.
    When I started shooting, I didn't know how to clear a jam. I would hand the pistol to one of my kids to clear it. They have been trained well (not by me) and are better than me at most things, including shooting.

There is no problem having kids at the range.

I have attended SO many junior shooter events, practices and matches. Safety is paramount and everyone takes it seriously. I never felt unsafe.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Speaking of junior shooter events. Here is my eldest last year at a State Match for Scholastic Pistol Program. Dripping Springs, April 2016. He's 16 here. Just one of his good runs.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Cleared out the garbage. If you have an issue with the next generation of Texans learning to shoot keep it to yourself or you will be sent packin.

Great to see so many kids learning firearms safety and having fun. Kudos to the parents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i can't resist an opportunity to be obnoxiously sarcastic. my bad.

On topic - my twins, whom i bought a pair of 10/22 takedowns for years ago, are about shooting maturity. Not sure I want to bring them to a range yet, with all the dummies around muzzle sweeping and booker hooking.

Neighbor brings his kid out often to some private land, so hopefully get them out there soon and get some pics and/or vids. We've practiced concepts with airsoft and even their nerf guns, and we'll dry fire the 10/22s every now and then.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Didn't get any pics because we were running short on daylight after yard work, but took the son & daughter shooting Sunday behind the house. The boy had never before been and turning 5 next month, I figured it was time.

After shooting the steel silhouettes multiple times we went back to the house where my son tells his mother "I shot a black man." :eek:

TheEnglishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016

Attachments

• IMG_0955.JPG
      IMG_0955.JPG
      1.2 MB · Views: 319

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    i can't resist an opportunity to be obnoxiously sarcastic. my bad.

On topic - my twins, whom i bought a pair of 10/22 takedowns for years ago, are about shooting maturity. Not sure I want to bring them to a range yet, with all the dummies around muzzle sweeping and booker hooking.

Neighbor brings his kid out often to some private land, so hopefully get them out there soon and get some pics and/or vids. We've practiced concepts with airsoft and even their nerf guns, and we'll dry fire the 10/22s every now and then.
    Don't search for a gun range, search for clubs.

RaggedHole

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    So every once in a while we have a thread about a member bringing their younger child to the range. Pictures get posted, a few comments are made, and the thread fades off into oblivion.

Consider this the official thread to post pictures of your kiddos at the range or in the field/ stand, ideas for targets beyond the normal paper punching, and ranges that are very welcoming to having your kids on the line.

We all know they are our future and hopefully his thread can help push people to get their kids on the firing line more often.

For basic ground rules here, let's say 18 and younger, positive pictures and stories with any kind of firearm, and in any shooting sport. Hunting, target shooting, plinking, competition, whatever. If you think it fits then post it up and comment away.

If you want shooting advise, mentors, specific range or hunting rules regarding children, gun safety specifics, or negative news stories please start a different thread. While important also, some of those topics will overrun the intent of this thread.

Let's see what you got!

Very cool, I am taking my 5 year old daughter out in the net month or two and will have to get some pics. We work on the 4 rules of firearm safety before she goes to bed and practice loading/unloading and taking the shot with snap caps on her 22 rascal. She loves it!

Top Bottom