• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I figure I'd start a thread more focused on those who have done the upgrade and our feedback.

Sent in my P320c in 357sig and took almost 4 weeks from sending to receiving.
    I hadn't gauged the trigger pull before.

Straight back from SIG, my initial thoughts were:
    Gritty pull and mushy break.
    Measured right at 7lbs.
    Also doesn't click when pulling the trigger w/o racking.

Stripped it down and gave it a full cleaning with G96, including the slide and striker assembly.
    Also added in the Apex Advanced Flat trigger for an approximate 2lb reduction.

This resulted in a 5lb trigger pull from the bottom of the trigger. Close to 6lbs from the center.
    Grittiness is gone, but break is still a bit mushy.

To compare, I tested my new (to me) P320 Fullsize in 9mm. Same mushy break (I guess I had forgotten) and 7lb trigger pull.
    After a full strip and clean, it still pulls at 7lbs, however I can get it to 6lbs at the bottom of the curved factory trigger, wbich would be very unnatural.

In summary, disappointed in the VU since I had read a lot of people saying it was improved. Also disappointed in the Apex Advanced since the 2lbs is only at the bottom of the trigger, which is also the point of the standard Apex flat trigger.

c225f429ccdbd6d507a9a88484813839.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    Capitol Armory ad

kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    I sent mine in a few weeks ago.. still waiting for it to come home

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Never heard of that before.
    I wondered why you were expecting a "second" strike.
    the non-upgraded P320s will click click click away. Not necessarily a strike, more like the trigger resetting. I guess I could stick a dowel or pencil down the barrel and see if the firing pin is doing anything, but upstairs is pretty far away right now.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The trigger’s double click was actually an early Army complaint during testing trials. (Even before the drop fire thing came to light). It was one of things Sig addressed in the “Army trigger version” - which initially wasn’t going to be addressed in the civilian versions (until Sig started offering the upgrade/recall). As I understood, the initial click (of the double click) didn’t involve [a problem with] the stricker.

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    The trigger’s double click was actually an early Army complaint during testing trials. (Even before the drop fire thing came to light). It was one of things Sig addressed in the “Army trigger version” - which initially wasn’t going to be addressed in the civilian versions (until Sig started offering the upgrade/recall). As I understood, the initial click (of the double click) didn’t involve the stricker.
    it didn't feel like it was doing anything,jjst felt like a reset in the FCG.

that said, not sure why it would be worth complaining about.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    ...not sure why it would be worth complaining about.

Because it could lead to the gun not firing (see linked video). If you cut to about the 4:25 mark on this video, you’ll understand the Army’s complaint; this guy does a pretty good job in explaining the problem. This is an “old” video (Nov. 2015) and being demonstrated on a civilian model (pre-FCS upgrade). Like I said, the Army had Sig correct (or at least, improve) the double click issue as a result of their early testing trials.

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    interesting, though that's not the click I'm referring to. It's the click jist from. pulling the trigger without racking the slide, which he does at 5:15.

dame issue i guess, though I've never experienced what he is describing

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I sent 2 P320's in and it took about 5 weeks for them to return. Took each to the range and tested them. I really don't see a lot of difference in the trigger pull.

I was very tempted to not send my pistols in, but I decided there might come a time when I wanted to sell one and it might be harder if it wasn't upgraded. Honestly, I think the whole "drop" issue is a load of crap.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    If you are talking to the OP...

Nope. That was the purpose in quoting who I did. And since Texasjack sent his in for the upgrade, his new FCS trigger should no longer have the double click issue either (if it ever had the problem - some guns did; some didn’t).

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Nope. That was the purpose in quoting who I did. And since Texasjack sent his in for the upgrade, his new FCS trigger should no longer have the double click issue either (if it ever had the problem - some guns did; some didn’t).
    Ah, my bad.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Haven't sent mine in yet. I actually like that feature, don't have rack it when dry firing.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I will be getting mine back on tuesday and I plan on shooting a few hundred rounds through it. I will see how it goes and get back to this thread

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Honestly, I think the whole "drop" issue is a load of crap.

I dropped my p320 twice last week and the voluntary upgrade saved my life.
    Nightstand in my hotel was slanted and waxed. Put the gun down on the nightstand and walked away and heard a "thud"
    Brushed it off and put it back on, and watched it slide right the **** off lol.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Got my 2nd one back a few weeks ago, trigger and reset seemed much smoother than my 1st... Few more dry fires and some grease fixed that.

Just got my label for #3.

Already have the Apex Advanced Flat trigger in my P320c 357 Sig.
    Just discovered the trigger bar, trying to figure out which guns should get which parts now.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I dropped my p320 twice last week and the voluntary upgrade saved my life.
    Nightstand in my hotel was slanted and waxed. Put the gun down on the nightstand and walked away and heard a "thud"
    Brushed it off and put it back on, and watched it slide right the **** off lol.
    Lmao

Top Bottom