• Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    These BOS threads make my head hurt.

Glad you aren't in prison because you have a paper trail. Well, that and the fact (I hope) that you didn't actually commit the crime......

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    These BOS threads make my head hurt.

Glad you aren't in prison because you have a paper trail. Well, that and the fact (I hope) that you didn't actually commit the crime......

Ha ha... nah. I'm pretty tame and honest. That's my story and I'm stinking of shit... I mean, sticking to it.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    BTW, I've also sold guns to individuals who I trust. I won't be doing that ever again without a signed sales receipt.

Don't let fear and ignorance drive you into making bad choices. Bills of sale are only used by people who have no idea how the system works (thinking it will "protect" them), and people who like the idea of big brother bureaucracy watching over them. Don't be a dupe.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Been there done that. Got a call from Police wanting to return a gun I had traded at a gun show 10 years before. All they said was the legal proceedings were all over and did I want to come pick it up. I have this honest streak that made me tell them it wasn't mine. They withdrew the offer. Everybody was nice.
    Got a visit from a Sheriff's deputy from nowhere near me. Wanted to arrest me for robbing a convenience store. They got me from the plates on my truck where it crashed in a ditch. I had traded it in a year before. Seems the dealership failed to change the title when they sold it. I had a paper trail on the truck that saved me a night in jail. My uncle sold a car and was arrested the next morning for robbing a bank. He did a morning in jail before they worked it out.

https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-legislation/77046-may-time-up-say-bye-bye-texas.html

maybe Texas telling you sumthin.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Don't let fear and ignorance drive you into making bad choices. Bills of sale are only used by people who have no idea how the system works (thinking it will "protect" them), and people who like the idea of big brother bureaucracy watching over them. Don't be a dupe.

so lesson learned here for those afraid to sell without BOS... sell and buy awesome pistols, including the awesome Kahr PM9 series pistols from fellow forum members :)

txpaulie

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Rosharon
    That reminds me...
    I need to try to remember the dozen of guns I've sold over my lifetime and go draw up some BOS's...
    I'll use different ink and such.
    Is Jethro a common name in Texas? I always wanted to sell a gun to someone named Jethro.
    Then I'll be safe and can sleep at night.
    P

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Passed on a buy because of another member's BOS requirement. Makes no sense at all when I whip out my CHL.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That reminds me...
    I need to try to remember the dozen of guns I've sold over my lifetime and go draw up some BOS's...
    I'll use different ink and such.
    Is Jethro a common name in Texas? I always wanted to sell a gun to someone named Jethro.
    Then I'll be safe and can sleep at night.
    P

Well played!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Re;: DL or CHL card - there's no way to verify it is eligible without running it. Status could be revoked or suspended.

I won't present a DL or CHL or sign a BOS for a firearm unless it's for a 4473. Some random Joe doesn't get to see my address or DL#.

Here's a question. if fair is fair for the buyer and seller CYAing, then the sale takes place at a local PD so the buyer can have the PD run the serial number for stolen. Would any of guys here as a seller allow that?

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Btw, driving home now after selling a Glock to a guy without a bill of sale, in the Frys Electronics parking lot.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom