• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    With the amount of rural driving here in WI we're doing it was bound to happen. Wife's ok.

Wife was driving 55mph almost 3pm on a sunny day. Didn't even see the deer before it came out just in front of her.

For clarification:: This is the after pic and also note the poop on the back door is from the deer.

l6py.jpg
    Guns International

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    The car guy/hunter in me wants to say that's the best use of a mini van I've seen yet.

In all seriousness glad nobody was injured.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Other than eating them, I hate those bastards. I hit one going 30 in my wife's Civic at night. Never saw it. The only reasons I knew it was a deer, I saw a herd of them in the rear view mirror, and when I got home there was a deer head imprint on the hood - complete with tongue sticking out. $3500 later, car was as good as new - gag.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    I have always been told that there are two types of drivers here in WI --- those who have collided with a deer and those who will be colliding with a deer.

Usually best to just hit the brakes and run into the beast rather than try to avoid it and hit something more solid.

Glad to read that your wife is OK!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Lol. Truth. I was heading home one night, three deer across the road with not enough distance to avoid clipping one of them. Ironically it was in Gurnee though, headed back to Wisconsin. I was lucky enough to avoid every deer in WI.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    We used to run into Deer every night at Grafenwoehr. They were so agile, that we never killed one driving at 15 mph under blackout conditions. Only time we knew they were out there was when their hooves scraped on the hood of our quarter ton.

On the other hand, wild boars roamed freely and often came into our encampments to poach pogie bait.

Top Bottom