• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Just read an online article saying McCarthy and Biden have reached a deal in principal. i.e. GOP caves. Biden called Schummer and Jeffries to gloat no doubt. We'll have to wait to see how bad it goes for us. I wonder if the deal will be that Biden will "consider cuts" to his spending rather than accept cuts or will "bring up legislation addressing budget cuts". That seems to be the "magic words" that politicians use. The WSJ had a nice article earlier in the week which they submitted that there is enough money coming into the feds to pay expenses, but the feds would have to stop spending more than they brought in. Funny, that's common sense I thought.
    Texas SOT

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    It's a familiar pattern. They seem to always lose the messaging war (R's are gonna kill Social Security and Medicare!). And then give in completely.

I think they actually have a much stronger hand this round, but I trust them to Snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You guys ain't paying attention.

The left caved mostly this time as all the polls maid it clear this was bidens phuck up.

McCarthy played it pretty good messaging wise. I'm sure we gave in on a few points but if we got most of the cuts we were looking for and spending limitations that seems like a win.

Most importantly are all the polls showing the country clearly sees this as bidens phuck up and forced him and the dems to the table. This wast the case last time around. The polls also clearly show the country knows cuts are needed. Bidenflation has had a profound impact.

We shall see what the final deal is. In deal no one gets everything they want.

We are still headed twords a cliff. There will need to be massive cuts, tax increases or some major world event to keep us from running off it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a familiar pattern. They seem to always lose the messaging war (R's are gonna kill Social Security and Medicare!). And then give in completely.

I think they actually have a much stronger hand this round, but I trust them to Snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory.
    <>

It has always been astounding to me that EVERY SINGLE “attack” on Social Security has come from the democrats; yet the low-info voter crowd always blames the Republicans.

Stupidity on parade !

leVieux

<>

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    After 40 years of watching these "Debt Crisis" Kabuki Theater Shows, I learned to save time by ignoring them.

I remember in the 80's they actually "shut down the government" for 3 days.

That one was hilarious. My Mom was a Federal Employee back then and had to stay home.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    After 40 years of watching these "Debt Crisis" Kabuki Theater Shows, I learned to save time by ignoring them.

I remember in the 80's they actually "shut down the government" for 3 days.

That one was hilarious. My Mom was a Federal Employee back then and had to stay home.
    It's sure interesting watching the fake news on this now. They just assume we all know How absolutely BAD it will be if we default. One outlet said it Would be a "calamitous Event" and another is running a stupid countdown timer. ( to WHAT??? Yellen can't Even tell you which day it is , and if she did, she would be wrong.)
    And they are just completely dismissive of any conditions beyond "blank check".
    Work requirements for welfare? Non- starter.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Work requirements for welfare?
    Can't have the worthless getting $ for free!
    But, yup, RINOS look for personal payout to vote.

Last edited:

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    It's sure interesting watching the fake news on this now. They just assume we all know How absolutely BAD it will be if we default. One outlet said it Would be a "calamitous Event" and another is running a stupid countdown timer. ( to WHAT??? Yellen can't Even tell you which day it is , and if she did, she would be wrong.)

You should see the irony of their propagation of the 14th Amendment and how they keep saying “we’ll it says right here in the amendment Shall Not Be Questioned” Reminds me of another amendment that they frequently “question”. Can’t quite put my finger on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Just read an online article saying McCarthy and Biden have reached a deal in principal. i.e. GOP caves. Biden called Schummer and Jeffries to gloat no doubt. We'll have to wait to see how bad it goes for us. I wonder if the deal will be that Biden will "consider cuts" to his spending rather than accept cuts or will "bring up legislation addressing budget cuts". That seems to be the "magic words" that politicians use. The WSJ had a nice article earlier in the week which they submitted that there is enough money coming into the feds to pay expenses, but the feds would have to stop spending more than they brought in. Funny, that's common sense I thought.
    What makes you think the GOP caved?
    I mean Biden said he would not give in or budge. Clearly Democrats caved in.

Clearly Biden is the one that caved. The media can spin it and gaslight people, but the facts are Biden and Democrats drew a red line and then allowed it to be crossed. That’s a fact.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    What makes you think the GOP caved?
    I mean Biden said he would not give in or budge. Clearly Democrats caved in.

Clearly Biden is the one that caved. The media can spin it and gaslight people, but the facts are Biden and Democrats drew a red line and then allowed it to be crossed. That’s a fact.
    I haven't read a single thing about how the deal was reached, but thats kinda GOP's motus operandi. I'm expecting they gave democrats 80% of what they wanted, and GOP agreed to dumb nonsense nobody cares about.

Candcallen is right in the sense that at somepoint in the future something major will happen, nobody knows when or how that will happen though. When you're chronically looking for ways to spend 10% more than last year, taking out debt after you've legally committed to spending, then have to take out more debt just to pay the interest, you do not have to be smart with money to know that is completely stupid. Knock off all the zero's on the end of the figures; it'd be like having $310,000 of credit card debt on a $26,000 a year income. On the final notice before they just seize your stuff you agree to open a new credit card and put $40,000 of the next payment on that new credit card which buys you breathing time for a month. But you're not worried, you just saved a few dollars by not ordering extra guacamole at dinner this weekend.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The limited amount of news available indicates a Dem loss on this issue. Not a 100% win for conservatives, but overall came out on top.

Now, we will have to see if that holds up when the real deal is finally published.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    MOFOs have student syndrome and are always waiting until the last minute. Then the awful press runs end-of-the-world stories for 2 weeks prior to the deadline though we know they'll develop a budget to prevent the economy from collapsing.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    McCarthy has been on his knees for weeks while Biden ignores him.

He should have done nothing till bill House ALREADY PASSED was acted on by Senate.

Would love to play poker against this loser.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

By this point, some manner of default is unavoidable.

The “National Debt” may be some $31T; BUT there are some $60T of “UNFUNDED “mandates”, like the entire Federal Retirement system & S.S. IOU’s”.

Do the math !

leVieux

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    This seems to be what the "deal" looks like. Some folks are likely to be unhappy and it still has to get by the gaggle of Republican Reps who may not think much of this deal that was struck...

Top Bottom