• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Lucky guys. It woke me up around 1 and good grief. It sounds like someone was just throwing rocks at the house. Ive never heard hail like that. I was there listening and knew those windows couldnt take it....as one of them breaks. lol. the other I found this morning. Only found one ding on my truck, but thats cosmetic and not really hurting it anyway. lol.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'm 'bout 80 miles due East of Austin and it blew in here a little after midnight but forunately only big winds, no hail, and........and........1/2 inch of RAIN (that which we haven't had in a long time). Sorry 'bout your window(s).

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Sorry to hear of the damage...hope everyone is OK. North-north Austin got a five-hour light and sound show, but only about 1/10" of rain...just enough to RE-cover the deck, patio and driveway in oak pollen. :(

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Yeah...not hail...just lots of thunder and lightning. Dogs, well one of them was a nervous mess all night. Didn't think there would be any problems.

I had just stepped out of the shower this morning when my wife came back in and said: "I need your help. I can't get [our daughter] to school. I can't get the car out of the driveway."

These are the pictures she snapped after I had been working for a while....

th_2011-04-11075300.jpg

th_2011-04-11075405.jpg

th_2011-04-11083304.jpg

Fun times. Can't wait to get home from work and deal with the rest of it.

Better than broken windows though. Sorry.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The same line is approaching Houston but it looks tiny and weak, now. Let's hope so, anyway. Sorry about your damage!

Flash

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Im in Hamilton, about 1.5 hour- 2 hours northwards of Austin. Hey Rum Runner, that blows. My neighbor across the street had a big branch break and fall perfectly in her driveway so she couldnt get her car out. I felt bad for her, so I helped her move it. It was odd. Fell directly in the driveway. Not in the yard.
    I would rather have a broken branch to deal with, but I guess at least I dont have both. lol

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Sorry to hear that. Growing up as a kid my poor Dad's garden was ruined every year due to hail destroying all the vegetables, then one year he put up a "tent" of narrow-gauge chicken wire over his garden and the hail problem was solved. I feel for you, man!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Yuppers ol Skeeters house was blasted and has a BUNCH of damage. looks like i need 2 new windows, an entire new 400ft of vinyl fencing, a new roof, a new patio set and the west side of the house repainted again!! but at least i have good ins. but somehow all in all i think ol CW might have pulled a drive by last night......

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I saw at lunch my neighbor has a broken window. And yep, all from the west. My house needs paint, so no harm there. lol
    GL to getting all that taken care of

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    No hail damage here. My neighbor's trampoline blew across his yard and smashed into our common chain link fence. I can pull it back with the Jeep. I lost some shingles on my storage building. The hail pounded my windows last night, but it was too small to break my windows or do any other damage. Good luck on the repairs, Skeeter.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Leakey (about 90 miles wnw of San Antonio) we got about 2 tenths of rain, no wind damage or hail. Seems funny to get so excited about 2 tenths of rain but that's all we have had in over 2 months now.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    NADA, squat, diddly.......etc.
    OH yeah, fire. Just for me and Mr. Redneck. SHIfT!!!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom