• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    A couple of cops I know & use to work with had bad knees & said there were new injections. Police lady called her's chicken skin injections.
    Cock's Comb... That's hyaluronic acid.
    Guns International

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Back pain in my teens, major instability and first surgery at 22. Kept fighting and working and 13 surgeries later.

Down hill from there. Luck of the genetic draw.

Once they start cutting they never seem to quit.

Doons

FJB
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    Fort Worth
    I had both done in 2016, 62 at that time. One in July the second in November. Not going to lie to you, the surgery was no big deal but the PT is when the fun begins…. it Is “ouchy” and you absolutely have to work it to get better. Things went better on the second one as I knew what to expect and what I needed to do after surgery. I have never, not for a moment regretted having the surgeries. I walk six miles a pop now, 3 times a week at a 3.8mph avg. in 2019 my wife and I were able to hike 3 miles down into the Grand Canyon and 3 to get back out. We spent the rest of the day walking the rim trail. We did 13 miles of walking that day and my knees felt fine…. My back… well it got better with bourbon and ibuprofen that night….

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My 70 year old mother in law got both knees replaced at once. Tough lady. She said she wished she would have done it at age 60 when she had more energy, so could have done more fun stuff.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I got Regenexx injections for my right/left knee a couple of years ago. I was an avid runner (20+ miles per week), and it took a toll on my knees, ankles, etc. The procedure was around $6,000 and I had to give up sports and strenuous physical activity for 4 months. But afterward my pain symptoms 100% improved. Something to do research on if you're looking for a cheaper, more non-invasive solution to surgery.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I got Regenexx injections for my right/left knee a couple of years ago. I was an avid runner (20+ miles per week), and it took a toll on my knees, ankles, etc. The procedure was around $6,000 and I had to give up sports and strenuous physical activity for 4 months. But afterward my pain symptoms 100% improved. Something to do research on if you're looking for a cheaper, more non-invasive solution to surgery.
    Not possible. That is only for old geezers.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Dad was bone on bone in both knees in his late 70s, got the chicken injections 3x and none after that. Mine are about there also. Friend just got one done, doing OK but rehab is a pain. Plus 4 wks no driving. Saw a doc who wouldn't do mine due to age. So I hobble till they quit and I need some tendon work.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I cut & vacuumed up most the yard today. Feel like total shit. Made dinner & loaded the dishes. Fixing to eat more dope, hope I sleep tonight. Belly is full so that and no real nap today it should feel real good once I hit the hay.

Top Bottom