• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    No it is not. I can come up with dozens of examples, but here is a real life one from when I was FedAgent:

If you are banging on my door trying to get in yelling you are going to kill me, it is NOT immediately necessary for me to kill you. i have many other options.

I meant actually going to kill you. Like, in your house and advancing on you.
    DK Firearms

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I meant actually going to kill you. Like, in your house and advancing on you.

Again no.

While it did not happen to me, my grandmother in nyc surprised a burglar in her home. He advanced on her, knocked her down and went running out the front door.

As I said, unarmed people are rarely a deadly threat.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Again no.

While it did not happen to me, my grandmother in nyc surprised a burglar in her home. He advanced on her, knocked her down and went running out the front door.

As I said, unarmed people are rarely a deadly threat.

Your Grandmother could have been killed. Did she know for certain he didn't have a weapon? What if he kicked her in the head when she was down?

I don't blame people for not wanting to take chances with criminals.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It's the reason why reasonableness is presumed under certain circumstances. We don't have to wait until the knife is in our gut to defend ourselves.

My comments were in reference to unarmed people. Deadly weapon in hand and coming at you, yeah that is almost 100% immediately necessary IMO.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Well maybe the knife is imaginary. Lol.

Not saying unarmed folks are never threats. An unarmed guy coming at you saying he is going to choke the life out of you is a deadly threat. A guy in his apartment eating ice cream walking towards you asking you why you are in his apartment pointing a gun at him is not.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I found Ranger Armstrong to be an odd bird, insisting she did no wrong. None, Nada, Zilch. It seemed to me he was literally trying to sabotage the case. We now find out Armstrong ran a Stop sign and killed a man in a traffic accident a few years ago while driving twice the speed limit in a state owned vehicle. So he is in the take no responsibility for your actions and blame others camp.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I found Ranger Armstrong to be an odd bird, insisting she did no wrong. None, Nada, Zilch. It seemed to me he was literally trying to sabotage the case. We now find out Armstrong ran a Stop sign and killed a man in a traffic accident a few years ago while driving twice the speed limit in a state owned vehicle. So he is in the take no responsibility for your actions and blame others camp.
    Christ almighty dude. Is there anything that you are not going to engage in Olympic level mental gymnastics to justify ignoring if you disagree with it or them?

Just wondering.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Christ almighty dude. Is there anything that you are not going to engage in Olympic level mental gymnastics to justify ignoring if you disagree with it or them?

Just wondering.

Probably not. I am retired and have a lot of free time and a lot of opinions.

Thanks for reading all my posts!

Last edited:

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    No I am saying she failed to show it was immediately necessary. I have been in situations I was "in fear of my life", but it was not "immediately necessary" to kill them. I chose other options.

We are currently in a mind set where it is A-OK to kill an unarmed person if you are in fear and he does not follow commands, or comes towards. As mentioned above, I am old school and do not buy into it. IMO, most killings of unarmed persons are not immediately necessary. FBI shows that every year empirically.

I hear you but again, it is a fine line and not sure this is as much a typical OIS as it is more typical an armed home owner dealing with a burglar (she just misunderstood the environment).

I really do not see an increase in police shooting unarmed people as much as I see them giving criminals multiple opportunities to comply when they should shoot. I even saw a video where the officer literally ran away. Also, it is again easier to make a judgement of whether they were actually armed or unarmed after the fact. In the moment, sometimes they just do not know.

It is the unknown risk they have to worry about and then you also have a disparity of force between them.

Your comment on the Trooper was funny. You just conclude an automatic bias. Good thing you are not on that jury.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Your comment on the Trooper was funny. You just conclude an automatic bias. Good thing you are not on that jury.

Everyone is biased, I just admit it. Oh yeah, and here is my bias:

My bias was Not Guilty, as I believed she had no bad intent and it was a tradgedy. But as more and more facts emerge, it got worse and worse and every action was a phuck up and I flipped 100%. I think she lied about CPR, and now we find out she violated Dept policy.....

Someone tell me one thing she got right.

eta

Also she had a FA kit in her back pack with clotting agent. Didn't use it.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Motherfucker. She had a TQ and didn’t use it? Guilty.

No a clotting agent to stop the bleeding. I think they said the brand was Combat Gauze.
    51u6PYQWc%2BL._SY445_.jpg

looks like MFG is Combat Medical Systems, brand is Quick Clot, product is Combat Gauze.

Attachments

• 51u6PYQWc%2BL._SY445_.jpg
      51u6PYQWc%2BL._SY445_.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 281
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom