• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I'm thinking the jury will find her for a lesser charge, maybe negligent homicide. But depending on well the Defense was able to stack the jury, wouldn't be surprised if they find her innocent. Certainly not murder. Nor manslaughter IMO.

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    Everyone is biased, I just admit it. Oh yeah, and here is my bias:

My bias was Not Guilty, as I believed she had no bad intent and it was a tradgedy. But as more and more facts emerge, it got worse and worse and every action was a phuck up and I flipped 100%. I think she lied about CPR, and now we find out she violated Dept policy.....

Someone tell me one thing she got right.

eta

Also she had a FA kit in her back pack with clotting agent. Didn't use it.

She hired the right attorney? Oh no, she violated policy, let's find her guilty of murder. You never violated any policy as a Fed. agent?

You again want it both ways. You told me negligence had to do only with the shooting and not what led up to it but now you ascribe her lack of giving medical aid as a factor of her guilt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    She hired the right attorney? Oh no, she violated policy, let's find her guilty of murder. You never violated any policy as a Fed. agent?

No. I think she is guilty because she killed another human and I was not paying attention because I was sexting my lover to arrange a booty call is not a justified reason IMO. YMMV

You again want it both ways. You told me negligence had to do only with the shooting and not what led up to it but now you ascribe her lack of giving medical aid as a factor of her guilt.

No. Everything after the shooting does not matter unless it points to intent. I was just pointing out even after the shooting continued to phuck up.

these things matter to juries. Being outed as a home wreck has nothing to do with shooting, but generally does not go over well with female jurors.

“I intended to kill him”

+

did not perform FA but had training and equipment will not go over well either.

I know I have mixed my thoughts with jury observations which can be confusing, but still think 60% chance of acquittal

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Right, like I said they only do that in emergencies. Very rare. And these apartments were brand new.

Define brand new. The old Sears building (now the apartments) was built in 1910. Renovation construction to transform them into the apartments began in the late 90's as I recall.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    WTF? You do not do chest compressions on a bleeding person who is alive. What voodoo first aid is that? Jeez, does she know she actually hastened his death by getting his heart to pump faster and lose more blood? Civil lawyers are fapping right now at that statement.....

Didn't body cam footage show one of the responding officers doing chest compressions? My thought was it was done so they could say they administered first aid. Like it or not, with the diseases out there these days, no one is in a hurry to get blood on their hands and wind up catching something.

But do we know if he was bleeding out, or just that the injury could have caused that? Not all bullet holes shoot massive amounts of (external) blood. Still not sure why you would need to do chest compressions on someone who is still alive though.

Her ignorance is a danger to society.

Unfortunately, ignorance that is a danger to society is much more widespread than with just this individual.

Also she had a FA kit in her back pack with clotting agent. Didn't use it.

Back pack as in what school kids carry, or pouch on her duty belt? Was she carrying said backpack at the time of the shooting?

And as asked before, was he indeed bleeding out? I don't remember seeing reports about lots of blood, and there was discussion earlier about not testing the couch for blood as an oversight. If a clotting agent was needed, you wouldn't think there would be any question as to where the victim bled.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Didn't body cam footage show one of the responding officers doing chest compressions?
    By then his heart had stopped and CPR was correct call.

My thought was it was done so they could say they administered first aid. Like it or not, with the diseases out there these days, no one is in a hurry to get blood on their hands and wind up catching something.
    Hence why she had blue gloves on her person. They went unused.
    But do we know if he was bleeding out, or just that the injury could have caused that? Not all bullet holes shoot massive amounts of (external) blood.

I read it was just above left nipple. I missed a lot of me testimony so do not know.
    Back pack as in what school kids carry, or pouch on her duty belt?

Really big back pack, like 5.11. It was ginormous. I have camped with smaller.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    When my 92 yr old MIL had heart failure on my sofa, emt did cpr 5 min later. I did hear the judge say on TV the jury would not hear the head investigator testimony, but pd policy testimony was allowed. Not on the jury so anybody opinion of mine doesn't count! My concern is the way the trial has been handled and yes, real trials are not like on tv.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    By then his heart had stopped and CPR was correct call.

Unless a whole lot has changed from when I was taught gunshot/ordinance first aid, step one was always stop the bleeding. Start the breathing was step 2. Breathing or not breathing, you have to stop them from bleeding out before pumping their chest from what I was taught.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    He might not have been bleeding much. I made a shooting once where the victim was down and could not move his legs, he was in deep shock. While waiting for the paramedics we could not find the entry wound. It was just below his belt line and the wound closed in on itself.

He ended up being a paraplegic.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    He might not have been bleeding much. I made a shooting once where the victim was down and could not move his legs, he was in deep shock. While waiting for the paramedics we could not find the entry wound. It was just below his belt line and the wound closed in on itself.

He ended up being a paraplegic.
    There's some happy news.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Unless a whole lot has changed from when I was taught gunshot/ordinance first aid, step one was always stop the bleeding. Start the breathing was step 2. Breathing or not breathing, you have to stop them from bleeding out before pumping their chest from what I was taught.

Beating, Breathing, Bleeding is what is generally taught. The reasoning is:

Beating - if heart is not beating, blood is not flowing and vital organs are not getting O2. Death in a few minutes.

Breathing - If heart is beating but not breathing, this a little better as vital organs are getting blood and O2, but it will diminish rapidly if new O2 is not provided.

Bleeding - it takes awhile to bleed out. In most cases you will live longer than no beating/breathing. Also if heart is not beating, bleeding falls off significantly. The heart is the pump that causes bleeding.

Top Bottom