• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    yep it happens, but it is rare relative to number of encounters.
    Not really. I personally know a large number of people, both elderly and not so elderly, that have or would give in to threats of physical violence, some with heart or lung issues especially, because it would have a high probability of causing death or severe disability.
    Defending themselves without a firearm is simply not an option. Especially against multiple attackers.

I know the moves for unarmed combat. And would at least try them if I have no other choice. But at my age and health, realistically without a weapon, I am in deep shit fast.

Even cops have been beaten to death or beaten and shot with their own gun. It happens.
    In Texas, IIRC, the Penal Code says something to the effect of "death or severe bodily harm". Which means that I may get judged for it, but I don't have to take a chance on not getting beaten to death just because my attackers don't know about any medical problems I have and they simply want to beat me into submission.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I guess my moral conscience is wired a bit different. Don't get me wrong though, I would shoot center mass to try to avoid being hurt, but I wouldn't try to finish him off if he's down.

Two shots were fired, one of which missed.

If she really had been trying to "kill him," she would have emptied her magazine into him.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Where have you been Mr C??

Ruptured L2/L3 Vertebral Disc; Exacerbation of Rheumatoid Arthritic Symptoms with untreated pain (by my own choice), and two surgeries on nose for skin cancer. I am not quite up to operational efficiency. Thanks for asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    I guess people don't understand that by stating the apartment was "dark" doesn't necessarily mean it as devoid of all light. If silhouetted from behind by light colored walls, she easily could have seen his hands albeit only from the outline of this body. When those hands dropped (if they were ever raised at all), or she realized his movement towards her, she could have justifiably "feared for her life."

When one breaks and enters into an occupied dwelling, the issue of whether one ‘fears for their life’ is moot. Armed subjects engaged in criminal acts are not afforded the option to legally defend themselves during the commission of their crime.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    When one breaks and enters into an occupied dwelling, the issue of whether one ‘fears for their life’ is moot. Armed subjects engaged in criminal acts are not afforded the option to legally defend themselves during the commission of their crime.

Dumbest post this thread. You either have zero knowledge of the facts or you are trolling

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I never said she was out to kill anyone, but that doesn't make her innocent of his death.

It's in reference to her testifying she was trying to kill him. Her actual actions demonstrate she was trying to stop the threat.

And she admitted to causing his death. That is not a disputed fact. What the jury is contemplating as to whether it was justifiable or not.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's in reference to her testifying she was trying to kill him. Her actual actions demonstrate she was trying to stop the threat.

And she admitted to causing his death. That is not a disputed fact. What the jury is contemplating as to whether it was justifiable or not.
    How in hell can anyone say that walking into someone else's home and shooting the occupant is justifiable?

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas

She was also not placed in a police car or deprived of her phone as would you or i

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Umm, opinions are allowed in court all of the time. That is what expert witnesses testify to.

Is Ranger Armstrong an expert witness on Guilt or Innocence? Where was he certified? Why is there a jury? Why even a trial? Did the judge give him secret jury instructions on the charges a year ago to follow in order to conclude this? Yeah, just go with what he says. What a break through in our judicial system to have folks like him!

Why not bring in Faith Johnson or Creuzot and ask their opinion too? They know more about the evidence and application of the law than he does. While we are at let's bring in all the Grand Jurors too, since they were the ones who decided the charge him.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That would make her defense team almost as stupid as her. You don't just overlook something that basic. You don't make assumptions when their impact is potentially whether your client walks free or dies in jail.

Shi!t happens. Mistakes get made. Just like the prosecution failed to test the couch for blood.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm pretty sure that this equipment was what Amber was carrying when she opened the door. She testified that she was carrying her vest and backpack in her hands when she opened the door.

Correct. She also had a Under Armour lunch box. All in her left hand which she used to push open the door after she inserted key into lock and drew gun with right hand and entered apt.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Shi!t happens. Mistakes get made.
    I agree. But how many times can her lawyers make the same mistake? How many times has she sat down to talk over her testimony? How many times has she had other discussions with her lawyers where her testimony was addressed? In all those communications between her and her advocates, no one ever made sure she was prepared to say something other than "My state of mind was that I wanted to murder that man"?

Her lawyers failed to prep her on that one point at least a dozen times, I'm betting. Mistakes happen but they made this mistake plenty of times over an extended period of time and no one in the room or on the calls caught it. That's inexcusable.

I think they need to put their client prep notes into a checklist for future cases.

Of course, maybe the lawyers did everything right and she just screwed up on the stand. That's entirely possible. She's certainly proven that she's stupid enough.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I agree. But how many times can her lawyers make the same mistake? How many times has she sat down to talk over her testimony? How many times has she had other discussions with her lawyers where her testimony was addressed? In all those communications between her and her advocates, no one ever made sure she was prepared to say something other than "My state of mind was that I wanted to murder that man"?

Her lawyers failed to prep her on that one point at least a dozen times, I'm betting. Mistakes happen but they made this mistake plenty of times over an extended period of time and no one in the room or on the calls caught it. That's inexcusable.

I think they need to put their client prep notes into a checklist for future cases.

Of course, maybe the lawyers did everything right and she just screwed up on the stand. That's entirely possible. She's certainly proven that she's stupid enough.

I was thinking about this as I was casting bullets today. Perhaps she knew exactly what see was saying. It's possible she thinks she should be punished for what happened.

Top Bottom