Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I was thinking about this as I was casting bullets today. Perhaps she knew exactly what see was saying. It's possible she thinks she should be punished for what happened.
    That never occurred to me. Thanks for that perspective.
    Texas SOT

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I agree. But how many times can her lawyers make the same mistake? How many times has she sat down to talk over her testimony? How many times has she had other discussions with her lawyers where her testimony was addressed? In all those communications between her and her advocates, no one ever made sure she was prepared to say something other than "My state of mind was that I wanted to murder that man"?

Her lawyers failed to prep her on that one point at least a dozen times, I'm betting. Mistakes happen but they made this mistake plenty of times over an extended period of time and no one in the room or on the calls caught it. That's inexcusable.

I think they need to put their client prep notes into a checklist for future cases.

Of course, maybe the lawyers did everything right and she just screwed up on the stand. That's entirely possible. She's certainly proven that she's stupid enough.

It will be interesting to see if prosecution brings this up in summary - "...defendant has admitted she wanted to kill him...."

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    I agree. But how many times can her lawyers make the same mistake? How many times has she sat down to talk over her testimony? How many times has she had other discussions with her lawyers where her testimony was addressed? In all those communications between her and her advocates, no one ever made sure she was prepared to say something other than "My state of mind was that I wanted to murder that man"?

Her lawyers failed to prep her on that one point at least a dozen times, I'm betting. Mistakes happen but they made this mistake plenty of times over an extended period of time and no one in the room or on the calls caught it. That's inexcusable.

I think they need to put their client prep notes into a checklist for future cases.

Of course, maybe the lawyers did everything right and she just screwed up on the stand. That's entirely possible. She's certainly proven that she's stupid enough.

‘Freudian Slip’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    A lot of folks here have LTC's. In the class were you taught to shoot to wound, no, you were taught to shoot to kill. That's the ONLY guaranteed end to the threat. If you stop before give yourself an attaboy because that's not what you were trying to do.

I was always taught the ONLY time your weapon was drawn was when you were justified in killing someone. It was not for scare tactics. If the situation rectifies itself before shots are fired that's great, all the way around. BUT when that gun came out if you didn't have the mindset that you were going to kill, if needed, find another line of work or if you have a LTC give it up.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    A lot of folks here have LTC's. In the class were you taught to shoot to wound, no, you were taught to shoot to kill.

My CHL/LTC Instructor did not teach either one of these. Didn't teach it when I was an Instructor, and I do not recall the DPS Instructor teaching that either but it was almost 25 years ago. Curious if @txinvestigator teaches his students to shoot to kill.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A lot of folks here have LTC's. In the class were you taught to shoot to wound, no, you were taught to shoot to kill. That's the ONLY guaranteed end to the threat. If you stop before give yourself an attaboy because that's not what you were trying to do.

I was always taught the ONLY time your weapon was drawn was when you were justified in killing someone. It was not for scare tactics. If the situation rectifies itself before shots are fired that's great, all the way around. BUT when that gun came out if you didn't have the mindset that you were going to kill, if needed, find another line of work or if you have a LTC give it up.

Your instructor was an idiot and lord help you if you are ever in a shooting. Lord help your attorney too

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    2017, last year I found full data for

FBI says 889 deaths from unarmed people.
    FBI says 1.3M unarmed assaults in same year.

That is .00068 encounters is deadly.

So yes, really.
    So, those 889 deaths are ok with you?
    Do you think they or their families feel any better knowing they are such a small percentage?

Or just because the killer didn't use a knife or gun that it was ok?
    What about the number of folks disfigured or crippled by beatings?
    Are you ok with those too?
    What about someone that breaks in and just wants to beat and/or rape someone and doesn't have a gun? Are you good with that to?

You seem to be.
    You keep making excuses as to why a person should never use deadly force to defend against someone that doesn't have a gun.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom