• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alias

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    spicewood, tx.
    Well, if you wanna be technical in your definition, you are still wrong. Door was unlocked apparently. You are pissed, I get it but this is a rare occurrence. You act like this happens all the time. Maybe get with SC-Texas to protect yourself from the police?

As for the if it was a citizen and she is getting special treatment, it just seems like more whining. We don't treat our soldiers to a criminal trial when innocent people are sometimes killed in war so I am willing to give our LE some leeway as well when they are answering high risk calls most here don't want to answer or for some couldn't answer. But hey, I am a boot licking apologist for LE so again, think what you want. Just giving you a different perspective.

We all agree she screwed up, we don't all agree it was murder and for those that do not, they have state the mitigating circumstances. Heck where I give some leeway, many here would show a clear bias because she is LE.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Look at my latest opine, 1211, it would have saved you some typing and vitriol.

Again, I do base terms such as 'home invasion' on the citizen on citizen standard. She was not on duty answering a burglary call, she was in the capacity of a citizen.
    If she got busted for just fraternizing on the phone with whoever she was screwing she would definitely say she wasn't on duty at the time.

The fact the door was unlocked and ajar wouldn't amount to squat if masked thugs had entered the apartment and shot Jean, it would still be called a 'home invasion.'
    But like I said in post 1211 she was definitely the 'intruder' if not home invader.
    Gun Zone Deals

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't think anyone said it was but c'mon you gotta admit that was one in a series of circumstances that led up to where we are now.

Also, going back to - she is getting special treatment, she was charged and there is a trial. A citizen getting due process so what more do you want?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    My point is, when I keep seeing people state that an unlocked door is an excuse. It's trespassing, whether it's locked or unlocked.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Ok, jury has come out for further explanation from the judge on the subject of "manslaughter" and "Castle Doctrine".

Infers that the "Murder" verdict has gone the way of the Dodo.

Quick thought.....

I have been wondering just how "tired" you would have to be to do all this. Seemed quite the stretch to me but who knows.

That being said, home at lunch yesterday, watching "Air Disasters" on Smithchannel. Had a Kalitta cargo plane, DC-8 four engine, flying a tough approach into Guantanamo Bay. They made the hard right on to final and just flew it into the ground, literally. All three survived. (capt, 1st & eng)

Ended up the FAA finding was they were all "tired". So to think that how could she do this based on "tired", yet three guys with 10K-20K flight hours each just flew a plane right into the ground on a bright sunny day.

NASA research said sleep is a cumulative product and over a 3 day period it would be possible to reduce your effectiveness as much as 20-50%.

Made me stop and think.....

alias

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    spicewood, tx.
    My point is, when I keep seeing people state that an unlocked door is an excuse. It's trespassing, whether it's locked or unlocked.

Agreed.
    If a burglar gains entry through an unlocked door it's still a burglary.
    I got burglarized in S. Austin. I caught the burglar using a surveillance camera when he returned. It turned out to be a neighbor.

His defense was, the interior kitchen door leading into the garage was unlocked therefor making my property he stole 'available.' The jury didn't agree with him.

Had he entered armed with the intent to kill me, locked kitchen door or not, it would be considered a 'home invasion.'

Last edited:

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    Look at my latest opine, 1211, it would have saved you some typing and vitriol.

Again, I do base terms such as 'home invasion' on the citizen on citizen standard. She was not on duty answering a burglary call, she was in the capacity of a citizen.
    If she got busted for just fraternizing on the phone with whoever she was screwing she would definitely say she wasn't on duty at the time.

The fact the door was unlocked and ajar wouldn't amount to squat if masked thugs had entered the apartment and shot Jean, it would still be called a 'home invasion.'
    But like I said in post 1211 she was definitely the 'intruder' if not home invader.
    Well you made the comparison initially and the implication was she was getting special treatment. Did she "intrude" into the apartment? Technically yes but you also conveniently leave out all the mitigating circumstances. You want to make it cut n dry and convict her for murder. THAT would be a citizen NOT getting due process.

As for the "home invasion", I wasn't the only one that disagreed with your analogy. The judge and prosecutor obviously did not charge her with burglary or robbery so let us just stick with the law and accepted legal terms already defined.

Don't worry, I got the time this morning to type and be vitriolic.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

alias

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    spicewood, tx.
    Well you made the comparison initially and the implication was she was getting special treatment. Did she "intrude" into the apartment? Technically yes but you also conveniently leave out all the mitigating circumstances. You want to make it cut n dry and convict her for murder. THAT would be a citizen NOT getting due process.

As for the "home invasion", I wasn't the only one that disagreed with your analogy. The judge and prosecutor obviously did not charge her with burglary or robbery so let us just stick with the law and accepted legal terms already defined.

Don't worry, I got the time this morning to type and be vitriolic.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Yeah, she is getting special treatment. This thread wouldn't be 124 pages if she were some dumb citizen that stumbled into a mans apartment and blew him away. I'd say that would be a cut and dry case of neg homicide, maybe murder. No one here would remember it by now.
    But for the fact she was a cop, we have to look at it front and back, inside and out, what led up to it, how much fault was the homeowner's for leaving his door open and eating ice cream, etc, etc, crap that a citizen on citizen shooting case wouldn't generate. So, yeah I'd say the fact she was a cop she got special attention or special treatment.
    So go ahead and type your vitriol. I'll be here most of the day as well.

And yeah, at minimum she 'intruded' into his apartment. If she were an unemployed black man with criminal record instead of a blonde lady cop it would most likely be home invasion,

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    If you take away the "mistake of fact", she entered a strangers house intending to kill them.

No. She entered the apartment thinking it was her apartment. Intending to kill didn't come into play until a perceived threat appeared after she entered the apartment.

Top Bottom