• Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    markontailgate.gif

:mad:

Two kids outside....marks all on their face...

"You wouldn't happen to know who marked on my truck would you?"

"Umm....nooooo"

Can't wait to get the out of this place!
    ARJ Defense ad

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    BEAT THEIR @SS!!! Reminds me of one time at Pendleton, my wife came in and woke me up at about 0430 ona saturday morning to tell me there was a woman at the front door to see me.(But Honey, none of my girlfriends know where I live....) Went out side and there was a woman in her mid 40's who promptly told me "I have the tailgate to your truck in my SUV".... me "No you dont, it is right where its suppos.... "(catch the EMPTY back end of my truck out of the corner of my eye) Now we were living on base at this time, so things like this almost never happened, especially in the area we lived in, I mean the Ops Chief for PMO (Military Police) lived right across the street... Her story was that her "son's friend" had a Dodge and stole my tail gate for his truck and she was just trying to do the right thing. BS, turns out her family had been kicked out of base housing because of her delenquent son. My neighbor offered to pull her son out of her car so he could resist arrest, but I declined and settled for the sheer humiliation his mother faced...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Geez, what is wrong with people? I would have paid to see that arrest.

Speaking of base crime, in Japan last year there was a rash of burglaries for several weeks, including the base commander's house. They even locked down base one night as they struck on Air Force ball night. Turns out it was a couple of dependents, (one spouse no less). All they did was send them back to the States. What they should have done was have charges brought against them by each person they burglarized, prosecuted by the DA of the city they left the States from. But the powers the be didn't want to go through the hassle. Boy, great message they sent. Burglarize and the biggest punishment is you go home early.

As for my truck, if those little things come to this side again we're going to have a serious chat with whatever adult is suppose to be in control of them.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    It is beyond me how people could be stupid enough to attempt vandelism or theft on bas (or in Texas for that matter), Imean you are talking about living in one of the most centralized gun cultures there is..... Idiots. In your case how stupid do you have to be to mess with a truck in Texas?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The reason these people do what they do is there is no REAL deterrent.
    Kill a guy do 3 years on a 5 year sentence on 1st conviction.
    Stealing has no deterrent. Slap the wrist and send little Johnny home.
    His mom and pop don't care because if they did he would have the proper home training and the thought would have never entered his mind.
    As long as we have so many liberals this will never change.
    Dallas (i believe I am correct) has schools that don't count work not done against the student. What kind of message does that send.
    Oh little johnny it's ok we know you are smart but just can't be bothered with home work.
    It's time for old world morals and ethics.
    Slap little johnny right up side his head in the morning before his feet hit the ground. Because sure as shit he will screw the pooch and you wont be there to correct him. Get his day started right, knowing that if he screws up and gets caught jails a safer place than home cause mom and dad are going to wear that butt out.
    My Ex use to whine that I was too strict and she let stuff go. The kids knew if I found out there was hell to pay and you pay double if you get caught lying about it. So it never failed they would come to me and rat themselves out and I would be tolerant and understanding because they did the right thing and that;s all I ever asked - do what's right.
    Parents now days don't instill these kinds of values.
    One thing my dad said to me when I was about 10; the only thing a man truly owns is his word, his morals and his ethics, everything else can be taken from you.
    This is what kids need to be taught today IMO.

Ok, I'll give someone else a turn on the soap box.

PS Shorts sorry they marked your truck.
    If it does not come off PM me, I use to own a body shop and have a few tricks.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    The kids knew if I found out there was hell to pay and you pay double if you get caught lying about it. So it never failed they would come to me and rat themselves out and I would be tolerant and understanding because they did the right thing and that;s all I ever asked - do what's right.

Same thing in my house...luckily for me, my wife is the same way as well, so there's no problem with one being to strict and one to easy. I will do all I can to ensure my kids don't end up being trouble-makers.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    In your case how stupid do you have to be to mess with a truck in Texas?

Safer than messing with a motorcycle in Texas!

I can't believe how many people just leave their helmet and even jackets stuck on their mirrors (I've picked up this habit if I'll only be away from my bike for a couple minutes). Then I realized that motorcyclists are passionate about their rides: you don't want to get caught messing with anybody's bike anywhere! And Texans are by and large in the habit of carrying guns. Getting caught fiddling with a motorcycle around here? That isn't going to end well.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Lies are an automatic 6 in my house. Screwing with other people's property is a sure seat warmer too.

At our house the seat warmer's start at the age of the child (i/e if you're 6 you're getting 6, if you're 8 then it's 8). Lying, messing with another's property only adds more. The sad thing is that my oldest, who's just like me :banghead:, is so stubborn he'll keep taking the swats for awhile til he gives in. Gotta love the parent's curse "I hope someday you have kids just like you". It came true...my wife and I sometimes jokingly wonder why we bred since we were both hellions growing up. My poor parents...I can't believe they didn't kill me years ago. I guess they figured it was a better "punishment to let me have kids"

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    The reason these people do what they do is there is no REAL deterrent.
    Kill a guy do 3 years on a 5 year sentence on 1st conviction.
    Stealing has no deterrent. Slap the wrist and send little Johnny home.
    His mom and pop don't care because if they did he would have the proper home training and the thought would have never entered his mind.
    As long as we have so many liberals this will never change.
    Dallas (i believe I am correct) has schools that don't count work not done against the student. What kind of message does that send.
    Oh little johnny it's ok we know you are smart but just can't be bothered with home work.
    It's time for old world morals and ethics.
    Slap little johnny right up side his head in the morning before his feet hit the ground. Because sure as shit he will screw the pooch and you wont be there to correct him. Get his day started right, knowing that if he screws up and gets caught jails a safer place than home cause mom and dad are going to wear that butt out.
    My Ex use to whine that I was too strict and she let stuff go. The kids knew if I found out there was hell to pay and you pay double if you get caught lying about it. So it never failed they would come to me and rat themselves out and I would be tolerant and understanding because they did the right thing and that;s all I ever asked - do what's right.
    Parents now days don't instill these kinds of values.
    One thing my dad said to me when I was about 10; the only thing a man truly owns is his word, his morals and his ethics, everything else can be taken from you.
    This is what kids need to be taught today IMO.

Ok, I'll give someone else a turn on the soap box.

PS Shorts sorry they marked your truck.
    If it does not come off PM me, I use to own a body shop and have a few tricks.

WELL SAID. I grew up in a shady neighborhood. All the kids in that neighborhood were no gooders. WHEN I SAY NO-GOOD'ERS I mean rotten F#cK@N eggs. They would swear like sailors at age 5 and toss rocks at cars. Vandal houses. The difference in my house was that my ma would whip the behind right off of us. and my father would take my hand and back hand my hand on the knuckle side(his wedding ring hurt like no other) Ofcourse as I grew older I was more disciplined and avoided punishment (which had progressed to swats on the head). Now Im out of that crap hood and all those demon children are still there roaming the neighborhood, jobless, no diploma, and broke.

But yup your right. Glad I got my share of the swift hand when I was young cause I would hate to be the type of people we're talking about right now.

Top Bottom