• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    True - but if ATF pops you on it an' you roll over on the machine shop that did the work, I'd doubt you'd want to meet up w/'em again.....lol!!

If you submit the Form 1, then you are the manufacturer. There is absolutely nothing illegal about subcontracting parts and I have confirmed this with several SOT's. I'm not sure if there are chain of custody issues considering that the ATF considers even one baffle to be a suppressor. You may be OK if the part is being produced under contract tied to the F1 but you may also have to be present as the part is being made. Another way to do it legally is if the F1 is under a trust or corporation, you can temporarily add the shop as a trustee/officer. Lot of leg work for a part. That's why it's best just to have your own machine tools.:)
    ARJ Defense ad

firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    Don't you watch TV? You just need a higher quality oil filter.
    If the govt. ever gets its head outta my pocket I'd put a supressor on my .22 but I'm not paying for the privilage.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Don't you watch TV? You just need a higher quality oil filter.
    If the govt. ever gets its head outta my pocket I'd put a supressor on my .22 but I'm not paying for the privilage.

Your loss. It's mucho fun and not that expensive when it's all said and done, especially after you get more than one.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Your loss. It's mucho fun and not that expensive when it's all said and done, especially after you get more than one.

True that.

I'm the kinda of person that wears ear plugs with a vacuum cleaner (NoBS). I wear ear plugs under muffs when shooting without a suppressor. I enjoy being able to hear a squirrel scurry across a limb or a grey fox trip a leaf when I'm out hunting.

Recoil seems like its half with a suppressor. Even though its not. That loud boom from the shot tricks you into thinking that you just hugged a mules ass at the wrong time. You can see examples on YouTube. Look up something like 308. Watch the difference between the shooters reaction to un-suppressed and suppressed using supersonic ammo. Notice the rifle. You'll almost swear it moves less. The subsonic still kicks. But with out the boom, its appears tame as a 22lr.

If the government wasn't so damn afraid of it's people. And if the hoplophobia f**ktards would get mental help....

Suppressors should be included with every firearm.

Remember the good old glass packs? A beat to hell chevy would rattle the store front windows. BAP BAp bap. Now, if its louder then a cat fart...people freak. But quite down a firearm....and oh hell no! You want to take the gov over.....you....james bond/ osama love child

Then there's the otherside of the coin.

Loud pipes on a motorcycle will save your ass.(sometimes). Really loud, rattle your teeth type loud. A sure way of letting people know your there and take a look before they run your behind down. Noise helps you safer in this instance.

However... Motorcycle mufflers don't have a stupid tax for people wishing to use them. Nor require you to beg the government to engage in free market to buy them. :banghead:. Even though a quite motorcycle is like riding a "run me down target". Especially to older woman driving Hondas. Irony?

Since I'm not shooting loud to keep from being run the hell over... but trying to protect my hearing...I get rammed with a tax. All over a simple device that fits on a metal pipe with some clockwork at the end.... commonly known as the "scary firearm" :ohnoes:.

Somethings help to be loud. Other things help to be quite. But when some of those things that get help from being quite scare those people that just don't understand. Because mass media and hoplo's tells them not too....

The huge handed, large fingered, long forearm, big bro, known as..."Mr. Tax Man"...fore gos the lube.

Top Bottom