Join TexasGunTalk

Oil

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by Shotgun Jeremy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I know there's a few gearheads on here so I wanna get some opinions.

I've got a blazer with over 150,000 miles on it. I run standard oil in it with no problems. However, I'm changing the tranny fluid again soon as well as the diff oil for the first time. I'm debating between Lucas, Amsoil, and Mobile 1 (all synthetic). What's been yall's experience/research with those three brands?

2. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    None. My Avalanche had 225k on it when I traded.
    It had GM lube in it. Trans and axles.

3. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Bout the same as other oil. Couldnt tell a difference. Maybe if i had a test ran on it but other than that oil is oil to me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

4. gcarrillo004

gcarrillo004 Active Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Atascocita, Texas
    tranny oil w/ that many miles? i wouldn't change it just top if off...brand is coke vs pepsi on the listed types...all great brands. i prefer mobil1 but have used them all and liked them. mobile 1 products are just easier to find on the shelf

5. Koinonia

Koinonia Well-Known

Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Have nothing but good to say about Amsoil. Buddy replaced his fluids in his Rig with it, and he got a consistant 7mpg with a Grossed out load.

6. Shotgun Jeremy

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I prefer Amsoil, but for some reason, its impossible to find out here. I'd have to special order it. I've heard rumor that Lucas has gone downhill. Mobile 1 seems pretty good though. I just can't find anything backing up the talk about Lucas going downhill. I've heard you can throw Amsoil in your diff and just forget about it.

7. winchster

winchster Right Wing Extremist TGT Supporter

Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Amsoil is the best oil made. My dad was a dealer back in the '80's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

8. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Amsoil or Lucus. Have never heard anything bad about them.

You could also use royal purple

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

9. Shotgun Jeremy

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I was in Advanced Auto Parts today on my quest for oil, and an older guy approaches me. By older-he's older than me. Was probably in his 40's. So he asks me what I'm looking for and I tell him Amsoil. He had never heard of it! Blew my mind!

Just because I like amsoil-that doesn't mean the others are out of the running. I'm debating if I wanna order it, or get something else off the shelf-and what to get if I go the shelf route.

10. stdreb27

stdreb27 TGT Addict

Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I got an neighbor who's a dealer. Good people if you want to buy it from him...