• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

I got an email from an out-of-TX gun wholesaler today, that offered some "arsenal refinished" & rebuilt Model 92S "foreign police-surplus" handguns for CHEAP.
    (The email stated that, "- - - -- the worst in-stock examples have a small amount of exterior finish wear".)

Truthfully, I've never even held the PRE-Model M9 or 92FS, much less fired one.

Somebody, who KNOWS these "old-school" Model 92S, PLEASE tell me your opinions.

THANKS, satx
    Venture Surplus ad

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    The forerunner of the M9/92. This was the original pistol that Beretta made the changes to that the US Army asked for (squared trigger guard, ambi decocker, etc). It's an M9/92F with a few updates. The ones that are being imported are Italian Navy and Federal Police pistols that were very gently used. CT State police issued them for a short time before switching to the 92F. They are excellent, reliable pistolas.
    Bob

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    OIF2,

THANKS, Bob.
    (The email said that they were "foreign military surplus", so I'd guess Italian Navy issue.)

yours, satx

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Friends,

I got an email from an out-of-TX gun wholesaler today, that offered some "arsenal refinished" & rebuilt Model 92S "foreign police-surplus" handguns for CHEAP.
    (The email stated that, "- - - -- the worst in-stock examples have a small amount of exterior finish wear".)

Truthfully, I've never even held the PRE-Model M9 or 92FS, much less fired one.

Somebody, who KNOWS these "old-school" Model 92S, PLEASE tell me your opinions.

THANKS, satx
    Care to share the name of the wholesaler?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Wasn't that the model that had a slide crack problem???

It'd crack at the rear top of the slide. They had to update the slide and then called it the FS(?)

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Wasn't that the model that had a slide crack problem???

It'd crack at the rear top of the slide. They had to update the slide and then called it the FS(?)

No. Slide cracking wasn't until the M9 was approved and issued. Really hot GI M882 ball, coupled with some early metallurgical issues during initial manufacture caused the slides to crack. One failure happened in front of the visiting Ass't Sec of the Army and his party at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. An E-4 was slightly injured. Incidentally, Beretta wasn't able to replicate the slide failures. The ammo pressure was dialed back slightly, along with better checking of the slide steel and heat treatment.
    Bob

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Charlie, et. al.,

I found a vendor this evening that has Beretta 92S pistols in FAIR cosmetic condition but VG+ mechanical condition for 259.oo each.
    (I'm considering buying a pair, "custon" DIY refinishing both & giving one of them to my nephew for Christmas & keeping the other one for myself.)

IF I can get a group of local buyers together, I may try to negotiate a BETTER price for several pieces.
    (Another forum to which I belong has successfully negotiated a 10-25% better price for shipping goods to the same address, several times.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    skfullen,

GOOD to hear. = Have you tried any JHP or cast boolits in it??

yours, tex

Top Bottom