• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    We have had two American flags ripped off of our house in a week. When Joe was put in office we replaced the American flag with the Texas flag. My wife wanted me to hang the Confederate flag. We now have security lights and a camera pointed at the flag pole.
    Sometimes I fly "The Bonnie Blue Flag!
    Stupid ass-holes think I am a Dallas Cowboys fan.....
    Around here they will break out the lights and steal the camera. Doorbell cameras do not last long either. A good laser sight or pointer will burn the receptors in seconds.
    Hurley's Gold

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Around here they will break out the lights and steal the camera. Doorbell cameras do not last long either. A good laser sight or pointer will burn the receptors in seconds.

If they can steal the camera without you having video evidence, you’re doing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    If they can steal the camera without you having video evidence, you’re doing it wrong.
    Evidence and ID are two separate things. Evidence and arrest are too. Cameras really only help you see what happened, or if you build the system well, alert you to what is happening. Rarely do they result in a deterrent or an arrest.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes but then the camera is gone. But they will first blind the optics with a laser. It does not take a very powerful one to dazzle the receptors in the camera.
    Hot lasers are becoming a actual weapon. Expensive and dangerous but getting cheaper.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Video is fine, if it can identify the perpetrator of the break-in. But, most times two things prevent a positive ID of the perpetrator. One, they know their is video and hide their identity, or the video quality is not good enough for a positive ID.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You want an Infared laser that is not eye safe for that! That way they are clueless.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Video is fine, if it can identify the perpetrator of the break-in. But, most times two things prevent a positive ID of the perpetrator. One, they know their is video and hide their identity, or the video quality is not good enough for a positive ID.
    You are so correct.
    The other BIG problem here is lack of law enforcement. Won't or refuse to get involved, Illinois is problematic. I have video of "porch pirates" taking and opening packages. Showed it to the police and was asked, "do you feel special" and that was that.
    Their hands are tied by ineffective politicians (black) that cater to their electorate.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    You want an Infared laser that is not eye safe for that! That way they are clueless.
    I have an industrial hand held laser built by a friend that builds Lasers for material cutting. It eats batteries but i can light a cigarette or bust a lightbulb that is on at 75 feet. The average gun sight laser or pointer is .5mwv and can cause retinal damage. This monster requires goggles and avoid any reflective surfaces. 40,000mwv or 4 Total Watts. It is Blue/Violet with a one inch dissipation at three miles. It came with a booklet of warnings. Momentary (even reflected) exposure can cause permanent retinal damage or blindness. It is interesting and I use it to weld plexiglass and Lexan. You can fire blue screw heads in seconds. Want to really slow down an attacker just flash him in the eyes. Battery life is just shy of 20 seconds.
    Do not point it into the sky anywhere near an airport.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I think Mad John is way over due for a vacation. My guess is he afraid he would come home to nothing left!
    Yup!!! I rarely leave my home unattended and never leave my wife here alone either. There are nine video cameras inside my home, Some are passive and active infrared) they are activated by stress monitors in the floors so no matter what room you are entering or leaving you are looking at a camera ... smile! The cameras are turned on and off as movement over the floor monitors. I have tried to hover... I am not good at it! LMAO

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Plus y'all know I've got a sick sense of humor
    Hey!
    We can compare sickness of mind! I know creepy bad stuff.
    Do you know of Ed Gein? Here is an item that came from his barn in Plainfield, Wisconsin. The pigskin flap is autographed by my friend Gunnar Hansen that played "Leatherface" in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    DSC_0716-a.jpg
    DSC_0717-a.jpg

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Right tools for the job
    That is a "sheep hook" chopping blade on one side, meat hook on the other.
    Old Uncle Eddie was a cannibal, mass murderer and grave robber. Women's body parts ( Bernice Borden if I remember correctly) were hanging in his barn when he was arrested. He was making a human skin suit and had lampshades of human skin. When the Sheriffs office went into his home there wer soup bowls made from skulls and a liver cooking on the stove with beans. Right out of Silence of The Lambs ( Buffalo Bill and Hannibal Lecter) Eddie was "The Boogy Man" when I was growing up.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    That is a "sheep hook" chopping blade on one side, meat hook on the other.
    Old Uncle Eddie was a cannibal, mass murderer and grave robber. Women's body parts ( Bernice Borden if I remember correctly) were hanging in his barn when he was arrested. He was making a human skin suit and had lampshades of human skin. When the Sheriffs office went into his home there wer soup bowls made from skulls and a liver cooking on the stove with beans. Right out of Silence of The Lambs ( Buffalo Bill and Hannibal Lecter) Eddie was "The Boogy Man" when I was growing up.
    No shit!!!!

Attachments

• 1619379076726.png
      1619379076726.png
      43.8 KB · Views: 54
    Top Bottom