• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    So this sucks, Okay has been making magazines since WW2 (for the M1 carbine) and was one of the first companies to make 30 round AR mags. Presumably they want to focus more on their medical equipment sales

They were the OEM for Colt and many other brands, and sold under the NHMTG name for a long time.

I remember buying a ton of them from 44mag.com years ago. I always preferred them to D&H and Brownells.
    Hurley's Gold

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Magpul will run them all out.

I used to only buy USGI now its magpul.
    I was in the same camp, but a youtuber made a good point.

Plastic has its perks. If it isn't broken, it probably works since you don't have to worry about bent feed lips. Con was it's plastic and plastic degrades. 100 years from now they'll be brittle and useless. I realize that means little to us, but thinking of future generations.

Metal while can be finicky, can be fixed with a pair or pliers. You can shoot a hole through the body of mag. Bend metal back and it keeps functioning. With some metal followers and some springs, that mag will work a long time.

But for use in the next 20-30 years, plastic is pretty reliable.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I was in the same camp, but a youtuber made a good point.

Plastic has its perks. If it isn't broken, it probably works since you don't have to worry about bent feed lips. Con was it's plastic and plastic degrades. 100 years from now they'll be brittle and useless. I realize that means little to us, but thinking of future generations.

Metal while can be finicky, can be fixed with a pair or pliers. You can shoot a hole through the body of mag. Bend metal back and it keeps functioning. With some metal followers and some springs, that mag will work a long time.

But for use in the next 20-30 years, plastic is pretty reliable.
    Metal is also less bulky. Its pretty nice being able to fit an extra 10 mags in a huge Rubbermaid tote for long term storage

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Plastic is fantastic! I love being able to eat with plastic spoons and forks and drinking from a plastic cup and then just throwing them out without having to wash them!!

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I've been told countless times not to leave Magpuls loaded any length of time.
    Okay/SureFeed doesn't have anything up on their site indicating this... they might be selling the division, not shutting it down.

Eli

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I've been told countless times not to leave Magpuls loaded any length of time.
    Okay/SureFeed doesn't have anything up on their site indicating this... they might be selling the division, not shutting it down.

Eli
    I have had to throw away probably 6 pmags due to feedlip spread

My understanding is they are looking for a buyer, but nevertheless OKAY themselves are trying to get out of the mag business

Eta, you can call them, and they will confirm (860) 225-8707

Reactions: Eli

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    So this sucks, Okay has been making magazines since WW2 (for the M1 carbine) and was one of the first companies to make 30 round AR mags. Presumably they want to focus more on their medical equipment sales

They were the OEM for Colt and many other brands, and sold under the NHMTG name for a long time.

I remember buying a ton of them from 44mag.com years ago. I always preferred them to D&H and Brownells.

Can you post a link to this information?

The only link I can find takes me back to this thread.

BTW, Okay makes my favorite AR15 mags, prefer them to the P-Mags, even though I own and still use a bunch of 'em.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Can you post a link to this information?

The only link I can find takes me back to this thread.

BTW, Okay makes my favorite AR15 mags, prefer them to the P-Mags, even though I own and still use a bunch of 'em.
    Call them (860) 225-8707 i have no links or anything, this was relayed by my distributor, and was confirmed by caling OKAY

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I just got a couple of the surefeed e2's in, and these things are nice. More AR mags are the last thing I need, but I'll definitely get some more

Top Bottom