• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Remember why Mcveigh and Nichols blew up the OKC building, it was in response to the raid on the Branch Davidians in Waco...Will we start to see things of this nature in response to gun bans?
    Texas SOT

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Crazy times, call for crazy measures, from crazy people. Remember under Klintoon when Bensten reclassified the SPAS 12 & street sweepers as destuctive devices? That what I see coming done the road for semi auto weapons. The taxes they generate off the gun owners can finance all kinds of looser social programs for those to lazy to work.

Just look at the NFA weapons as an example. Taxed & controlled they never turn up in crimes by their legal owners.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Remember why Mcveigh and Nichols blew up the OKC building, it was in response to the raid on the Branch Davidians in Waco...Will we start to see things of this nature in response to gun bans?

It would be much more prevalent if the bans come down hard. If it's just the same cookie cutter AWB then I don't think you'll see much of anything.

Personally I don't want to see it come to that, as blowing up people in buildings is not going to solve anything or further our cause.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

First, what "gun bans" are you referring to?

If you're talking about the potential for a reinstatement of an AWB, what happened the first time?

I don't recall domestic terrorism and civil unrest.....

willypete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    sig_fiend . i really dont agree it has been the way you posted and i cant remember reading of a moral war . Its a fact that what the union army did to bring about the end of the civil war wich was to make it a point to destroy everything in there path and make it as hard on the people as possible . Not just that but look at what was done to native american no one can say that was was a moral war . England viewed the majority of the patriots as a rebellion terrorist groups that fought like cowards because they would not form battle lines .As far as i can tell the wars that are fought to hold off an enemy are long lived and cost more in the end (vietnam , iraq, isriel vs palistine ) burning or destroying every foot hold your enemy has is the ony way to really to put an end to it... That said i have a wife and 2 kids and i fear a civil war .... I would never agree to killing anyone for any reason but if another civil war was to happen all bets are off and no prisoners will be taken ..anyone that is a loyalist would have to leave or die because no one would trade or buy goods from there enemy if they were not killed then what they had would be taken from them and they would be sent packing . I could be wrong but this is the way i see it .
    to aswer the qustion yes men that have had everything taken from them and have nothing left will do things like what happened in OKC ... Our history views the revolutionary war differently than England just like the winners of the civil war have controlled the main view of the civil war . .. sorry if this makes no sence ............willypete

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    First, what "gun bans" are you referring to?

A hypothetical one.

Obamas proposed AWB....from what I've read it has a lot more firearms on it than assualt type weapons though. Most semi auto guns including hunt rifles, shotguns, and basic pistols are to be included. Practically all guns seem to fall into one category thats been proposed in the ban. I'm on my iPhone so I can't paste an links to the proposed ban.....if someone else can please do. If not I'll do it tonight when I get home.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Read this Molon Labe

Hell, I'm 77 years old, Former Marine, seen the elephant, been hunting and shootin' since Grandpaw cut the stock off a 20 guage so I could shoulder it at 7 years old and bird hunt with him. His Daddy fought the SOBs in the War for Southern Independence. I'llfight for mine!!!!

Like they said at Gonzales to the Mexican Army, "Come and get 'em" !!!!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Remember people, morals and ethics are all that matters. Even when we might be getting "kicked while we're down", it is important to always remain morally and ethically sound, otherwise we stand for nothing.

Morals and ethics are great for an ideal world, but unfortunately we don't live in one. If everyone was morally and ethically sound, we wouldn't need guns because there would be no criminality, no tyranny, and no greed.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, tell that to the founding fathers. They fought the world's greatest superpower and won, without stooping down to the level of the other side at the time.

On the contrary. We used tactics that were not honorable or morally acceptable at the time. Things like bushwhacking, sniping, and shooting officers. The British had Lord Tarleton whom would ride into surrendering troops. We later gave "Tarleton's Quarter" to his troops on a hilltop, where we butchered them even as they surrendered.

Many loyalists were also killed by various means, along with intimidation tactics like burning down houses, killing families, etc.

We were no better than the British. It was a war, and ethics and morals took little part in it. We scrapped whatever we could find, stole it if we had to, lied to our troops to get them to stay around (promising land grants and money we didn't have), and did whatever we could to win the war.

The politicians that instigated the war may of had the luxury of morals and ethics, but the men fighting the war did not.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't see any good coming from this thread, so I'm locking it. I would also advise people to remember that what you post on the internet is pretty much out there forever. For PERSEC reasons, there are probably some things you don't want to be posting about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom