• ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Shocking Emails Show National Rifle Association Worked to Prohibit Rifles From National Parks | RedState
    Here's the link again just in case. One should read this for themselves. I'll have more detailed and probably some current documents pretty soon.
    The subject here isnt the NRA or the State organizations. It's the trash that is operating these organizations. When people become aware of the BS they are pulling, then they can Boot em out and find people who understand 2nd amendment rights.
    Lets remember one thing folks, it's the people in the organization that fails you, not the organization. The time has come to take out the trash.
    Texas SOT

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Has TSRA openly OPPOSED Open Carry? Not to my knowledge. The ORA has. I cannot use the language to adequately describe how I feel about that position or than I call it DELIBERATE SABOTAGE to people trying to protect and regain temporarily abdicated rights.

The TSRA has told me that it has no interests in pursuing open carry for various reasons. That's not opposition, but I feel it's a rather ill-thought position.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Lox, let me ask you....how did the media treat either of the Bush's while they served as President? How about the rest of the media?

Proper? No....but after a while, folks get sick and tired of listening to the name-calling from the other side all the time. And go listen to how gun owners are referred to in the media - and then tell ME how I should talk about others.

So because someone else throws mud and uses childish third rate insults that means that we should also do so?

Name calling just furthers their agenda that we are nothing more than a bunch of hicks and rednecks with guns.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Lox, let me ask you....how did the media treat either of the Bush's while they served as President? How about the rest of the media?

Proper? No....but after a while, folks get sick and tired of listening to the name-calling from the other side all the time. And go listen to how gun owners are referred to in the media - and then tell ME how I should talk about others.

I am not talking about the Media. I am talking about people in general. Whats funny is that I have seen the most of it I have ever seen since I starting trolling around this board in general. I understand that a lot of people here don't like Obama, and while I may not be please with everything he does, I still respect him because he is our President, Our Leader. I despised the things that Bush did when he was in office, but I never called him a bastard, and never would.

The Media is around for entertainment, plain and simple. If you see news media as anything other than entertainment then that is your choice. The one thing I learned through getting a degree in history is that as a person you have to research events and news on your own and come up with your own interpretations. If you let the media do it for you (as a person) then you are letting someone else dictate your interpretation of history.

So because someone else throws mud and uses childish third rate insults that means that we should also do so?

Name calling just furthers their agenda that we are nothing more than a bunch of hicks and rednecks with guns.

This, as soon as someone finds out that I am into 2A stuff they make some pretty bold assumptions. Just like everyone around here seems to make pretty gross stereotypical assumptions about "libtards"....

Those things said, I am an advocate for open carry and would like to see it allowed here. I was SHOCKED when I moved from KS to see that it was not allowed down here, its Texas for crying out loud...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Actually, if you look you'll find little of that from me. But I also recognize that folks have the right to speak their mind, even though I may disagree w/it - kinda like the folks from the "church" that likes to protest at military funerals, which is why I'm a PGR rider.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Actually, if you look you'll find little of that from me. But I also recognize that folks have the right to speak their mind, even though I may disagree w/it - kinda like the folks from the "church" that likes to protest at military funerals, which is why I'm a PGR rider.

It wasn't really directed at you, but "us" the gun public in general.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This, as soon as someone finds out that I am into 2A stuff they make some pretty bold assumptions. Just like everyone around here seems to make pretty gross stereotypical assumptions about "libtards".

One of the issues on this forum is some people simply are so close minded that they label anyone that does not follow their version of politics a liberal, or "libtard" or whatever. Not everyone is going to buy into your or my version of politics, and labeling them childish names or branding them with some name that holds a "negative" connotation really just tells me that they lack the ability or patience to make a valid argument or engage in discussion like an adult.

It's rather annoying, and if it continues, there might be some changes.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Actually, I'd encourage allowing them to continue - mainly because it lets me know who's an adult, capable of debating intelligently.....an' who ain't. anim_coffee.jpg

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Can we get back to discussing the letter I provided and why anyone claiming "pro-gun" would do such a thing.
    I will have more details on the issue up there soon as my contacts give it to me.
    Something else I would like to elaborate on is what to do about it. If we have people involved in our National and State organizations who continue to undermine pro gun legislation, well there must be a reason for it.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Can we get back to discussing the letter I provided and why anyone claiming "pro-gun" would do such a thing.
    I will have more details on the issue up there soon as my contacts give it to me.
    Something else I would like to elaborate on is what to do about it. If we have people involved in our National and State organizations who continue to undermine pro gun legislation, well there must be a reason for it.

The same reason every politician gets into office. Self Gratification and........MONEY. That's what it boils down to every time...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I would suggest that you need to talk w/the NRA yourself and find out just what was said - in its' entirety - before jumping on 3rd-party reports as being 100% factual. It may be exactly as stated, but my experience is that there's usually more to the story than it would appear at first glance.

Top Bottom