Not open for further replies.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    txinvestigator is still on my ignore list so mine didn't clear.

But something I noticed is that I am subscribed to all the threads I've responded to, but my notifications are turned off.
    while not what I'd like to see, the result is acceptable.
    Venture Surplus ad

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Probably so Charlie, it's just an email provider issue, no way for us to fix unfortunately.
    That worked. Do I have to do that every time to get it to work? (Although I think I've only unsubscribed to one thread out of over 9000 posts!) I guess I'm "re-subscribed" to this one now, right?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Is the site running slow for anyone else? Has been intermittently for me for some time now.

I'll click a link and the footer shows loading but nothing happens. I often have to leave TGT and return for it to work.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    No issues here (that i have noticed), but will have the monitoring company run a 24 hour check and make sure. Thanks for the heads up!

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have a PM notification error. No matter how many times I open it, it still shows up in red with one notification. I have responded to the PM, but it still lights up with 1 notifications. I've had new PM's and they erase just fine but has kept one red Pm lit since last month. Ive tried to log out and log in , only with the same results. It catches my eye every time I log in.

I deleted the PM and it still shows unread.

Ideas?

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Not sure if this fits here / Mods move if necessary.

TGT seems to have excellent control over web functions so I hoping that this might be possible. A neat feature that I have seen is an "UP" button or feature that when pressed sends you back to the very top of the page(s). This would eliminate the need to scroll every time you want to use the other buttons/features at the tops of the page(s.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Is anyone else restricted (option not available) from editing their posts?

I thought it was limited to one particular thread but have found that is not the case.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    changed to 12 hour limit
    sorry, users coming on days later and ..... out posts
    hope 12 hours will work, can change to 24 if necessary

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Edit capabilities are auto removed after 30 minutes. I have a problem with that and here's a couple examples:

In the Houston area gun dealers thread, the most current list cannot be posted to the OP.

And when major meet planning threads (Hicksville) are run, the OP is continually updating information in the first post which may include date, time, attendees, etc.

I suppose if a majority of people were continually editing posts well after the initial post this may make sense but, I'm afraid I don't understand why the change was implemented.

ETA: I guarantee it took me longer than 4min to type that ^^. LoL

Last edited:

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    I have set it to a 24 hour limit on editing posts only. I have not changed anything else. I have spent lots of time cleaning up ..... posts because people are coming back later, not liking what they said and doing this, It is very harmful to the forum. Hope that helps explain things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom