• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ETex2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Rowlett
    I have a Taurus model 83 in .38 special I don't really need, and saw an ad on Texasguntrader for a Marlin 30-30. This is a kid who apparently trades a lot of guns. The gun is 40+ years old, 95% blue, has been refinished to a light blonde color, and is a carbine or trapper model.

I only have about $175 in the Taurus and kinda need an alll around varmint and coyote gun. Seem like a fair trade? I am starting to wonder if this is not a stolen gun though after talking to this kid.
    ARJ Defense ad

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    He is a minor. I almost screwed up and traded him a Bersa for the Marlin. I like the Marlin and it was worth more than the Bersa, but I got the idea "his" rifle wasn't his. He started out wanting to meet at 190 and Shiloh, then wanted Buckingham and SHiloh, then wanted to meet by Garland HS-- sounded like a set up, so I asked if he had a TX DL and if he was 21-- he said no, but his dad was....

I pulled out and reported him to TX Gun Trader...maybe legit, but I doubt it.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I have a Taurus model 83 in .38 special I don't really need, and saw an ad on Texasguntrader for a Marlin 30-30. This is a kid who apparently trades a lot of guns. The gun is 40+ years old, 95% blue, has been refinished to a light blonde color, and is a carbine or trapper model.

I only have about $175 in the Taurus and kinda need an alll around varmint and coyote gun. Seem like a fair trade? I am starting to wonder if this is not a stolen gun though after talking to this kid.

Then you didn't need to even ask the question then did you.

If it's as smelly as it smells to you, it's worth doing even more to get him popped. Lawful gun owners don't need crap like that going on making it hard on us and easier on the anti's.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Thats why I like meeting at the sellers house.Parking lot deals can go wrong fast.

ETex2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Rowlett
    Then you didn't need to even ask the question then did you.

If it's as smelly as it smells to you, it's worth doing even more to get him popped. Lawful gun owners don't need crap like that going on making it hard on us and easier on the anti's.

No, I really DID need to ask the question. It only smelled a little bit really. Turned out he was legit, just very young. He brought his dad along and the deal was done. Nice folks, actually.

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    No, I really DID need to ask the question. It only smelled a little bit really. Turned out he was legit, just very young. He brought his dad along and the deal was done. Nice folks, actually.

Watch the news for a kid going wacko with a snub nose he got online..

God I hope not-- let us know how the Marlin shoots--

ETex2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Rowlett
    Watch the news for a kid going wacko with a snub nose he got online..

God I hope not-- let us know how the Marlin shoots--

If it's a snub nose, then at least it won't be the gun I traded. Might take the Marlin to my place near Athens this weekend to check it out. Got two boxes of ammo with it and I'm sure I'll go through at least one of them. Plus, we've had some evidence of hogs there lately so if I'm lucky.....hams and pork chops next week!

Will keep you posted.

Top Bottom