• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've owned 3 of them through the years
    Sadly I only have the one now like in OPs pic.
    I regret selling them for sure
    Target Sports

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    The only downside of the 95 compared to the 89 to me is the polymer frame. My 95 is all black in color and I like the looks compared to two-tone. At least mine has the 15-round magazines.

Pretty sure there were some of the P-series made with a steel frame instead of the older aluminum or newer polymer.

The benefits of the P-guns are low entry price, high reliability, commonly available parts. They eat ANYTHING you feed them unless you get a rare dud.

K9117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Wood County, TX
    I am starting to pickup a few old school DA/SA pistols. I had several friends years ago who owned some of the old Ruger P series pistols. I have always wanted to get one in 9mm and finally did. I did not know until recently that there were decocker only versions so I looked for one of those and picked this one up. The original grips were in bad shape so I got some nice grips from Uncle Mikes which are better than the original ones. These pistols have an aluminum alloy frame with a steel slide so they have a reasonable weight to them and have a nice all metal feel. If you are looking for a great DA/SA pistol at a reasonable price check out these pistols from Ruger.

By the way, replacement magazine, hammer, and recoil springs are available from Wolff Gunsprings. Before I buy any pistol I make sure I have reliable sources to get springs as they will eventually need to get replaced.

View attachment 172215
    I am starting to pickup a few old school DA/SA pistols. I had several friends years ago who owned some of the old Ruger P series pistols. I have always wanted to get one in 9mm and finally did. I did not know until recently that there were decocker only versions so I looked for one of those and picked this one up. The original grips were in bad shape so I got some nice grips from Uncle Mikes which are better than the original ones. These pistols have an aluminum alloy frame with a steel slide so they have a reasonable weight to them and have a nice all metal feel. If you are looking for a great DA/SA pistol at a reasonable price check out these pistols from Ruger.

By the way, replacement magazine, hammer, and recoil springs are available from Wolff Gunsprings. Before I buy any pistol I make sure I have reliable sources to get springs as they will eventually need to get replaced.

View attachment 172215

View attachment 172215

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      1.5 MB · Views: 312

K9117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Wood County, TX

View attachment 172215

Great looking pistol and you should really enjoy it! One of the most durable/reliable older pistols out there and typically Ruger-built. I've still got a couple of them and never plan to part with any, and with that, should you ever come across a P93 in good condition take a serious look at it.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I had a P90 as my first 45ACP semi auto. I liked the way it fit my hand. After shooting it for a while, I realized that the slide was pretty massive and it reminded me of an artillery piece or AA gun when firing. I gave it to my dad and he used it for the TX concealed carry class. I kind of miss it now. It was accurate and very reliable. I since moved to a 1911. I don't think I will be giving it away...

tx_absurdist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2019
    Texas
    Absolutely love the P-series pistols! Best advice would be to buy parts off eBay (or wherever) and basically just have excess parts. Ruger does still have certain parts, but you have to ask for it specifically. Also if you're going to strip the gun down completely, either have a great memory, love puzzles, or take a lot of pictures. I take a lot of pictures.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom