• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Someone from Olight liked my reviews on texasguntalk (here) and provided me with a sample of the Olight S1R Baton in exchange for an honest review.

I'm not a flashlight snob but do enjoy carrying enough light as a tool. It wasn't till I moved out to the boonies 6 months ago that I really came to rely on portable lights though. It gets dark out here and having control of something that can light up a dark area takes the guess work out of things.

I have a few other flashlights. Two that are in the same category that use 1 RCR123 . This one is by far the most function featured and handy.

What makes it handy?

• Compact and lightweight.
    • Five brightness levels 0.5 to 900 lumen.
    • Magnetic charging cable that's rugged (You don't need to take the battery out and put it in a separate charger)
    • The other end of the charging cable is a full sized USB that you can plug into a computer or charger.
    • Easy to remember modes and shortcuts to get to the functions as well.
    • Size isn't much bigger than my other RCR123 lights.

Some other notes.
    • More of a flood than a beam of light it fills a large area as opposed to piercing the dark with a narrow focus.
    • Has a 3 min or 9 min turn off timer if desired.
    • Strobe light takes some practice to hit every time. Accessed by pressing three times fast if you don't have the rhythm down it goes to High.

Cons?
    • Strobe light is not as intuitive to get to and takes practice.
    • Side button can be hard to find. It wouldn't be my first choice for an emergency service light. Some distinct texture on the button may help this.

Knowing these limitations will help you know when or when not to carry it.

This really is an impressive flashlight. Sure there are cheaper (than $65.00) that'll work ok but the self charging and functions make this one stand out to me.

Starting November 24th 2016 there'll be a discount on these. See link below.

I'll update as I continue to use it if there are any issues.

b7nBb8.jpg

vpsupS.jpg

gnKx8j.jpg

Comes with a nice pouch, charger and tether. The tether even has a small metal needle to help thread it. (Knife not included) Al Mar Eagle Tallon.
    xoXU73.jpg

DK8yDU.jpg

OqM77z.jpg

DEdaci.jpg

iLTd4Z.jpg

Knife for scale, full sized Emerson Commander

3VuKRT.jpg

http://www.olightstore.com/led-flashlights/camping-outdoor/olight-s1r-baton - Direct Olight link.

yirlOL.jpg

Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Nice review matefrio. Olight has some good lights out there that accept a variety of battery types. It's pretty impressive when a light this size can give the output that it can. The Baton series have one of my favorite flashlight UI's (second to Zebralight).

Maybe Olight can send you a Valkyrie (WML) for evaluation. There were some issues reported with the first version and they recently released version 2. Looks to be an affordable option with high output.

Top Bottom