Hurley's Gold

Olmos Park, TX police still assaulting people who open carry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Almost two years ago there was a huge rally because of the kinds of harassment the PD there was doing to open carriers. It seems nothing changed in the police department.

This happened yesterday.

The man had been protesting because when he finally had his previous BS charges dismissed and he went to the PD to ask that his seized property be returned the PD refused.

Guns International

Reactions: gll

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Maybe he should have let an attorney handle it.

There were always three ways to handle any situation. The wrong way, the right way, and the better way.

Letting an attorney handle getting his property returned, given the past dealings with this PD, seems to me the better way of handling this situation.

Just an observation.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

There were always three ways to handle any situation. The wrong way, the right way, and the better way.

Letting an attorney handle getting his property returned, given the past dealings with this PD, seems to me the better way of handling this situation.

Just an observation.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015

Just an observation.

Why should he have to pay an attorney to get his property back?

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Where are the Texas Rangers in all this??

These type situations used to be corrected by the Rangers.

Here is a video from two years ago when Jim Everard of Open Carry Texas tried to get the Texas Rangers involved for what happened to him and CJ Grisham. He just got the run around.

It was originally posted on facebook so I mirrored it.

His actual youtube channel is below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/James011783/videos

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I vaguely follow this on-going drama. There's so much emotion & so little press coverage that I don't understand exactly what is going on. Can someone explain why the police won't return his property or talk to him? Can the police legally require you to hire an attorney for that?

Why was the guy arrested in the OP video? What would he be charged with? Open carrying a rifle is not illegal as far as I know. So, is he in trouble bc of past behavior & police can reasonably assume is intentionally disturbing the peace?

Is there really any chance of these guys winning a civil suit?

To me this looks like attentions whores being attention whores but I'm open to changing my mind. I know we need a certain amount of pushback if we expect to keep our freedoms.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I vaguely follow this on-going drama. There's so much emotion & so little press coverage that I don't understand exactly what is going on. Can someone explain why the police won't return his property or talk to him? Can the police legally require you to hire an attorney for that?

Why was the guy arrested in the OP video? What would he be charged with? Open carrying a rifle is not illegal as far as I know. So, is he in trouble bc of past behavior & police can reasonably assume is intentionally disturbing the peace?

Is there really any chance of these guys winning a civil suit?

To me this looks like attentions whores being attention whores but I'm open to changing my mind. I know we need a certain amount of pushback if we expect to keep our freedoms.

FIFY

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Here is a video from two years ago when Jim Everard of Open Carry Texas tried to get the Texas Rangers involved for what happened to him and CJ Grisham. He just got the run around.

It was originally posted on facebook so I mirrored it.

His actual youtube channel is below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/James011783/videos

Maybe the Rangers aren't what they used to be.

Goodness knows the FBI isn't.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Why should he have to pay an attorney to get his property back?

He shouldn't HAVE TO get an attorney to his property back.

Without knowing all the details and back story of this situation, let's suppose some hypothetical a. What IF in this situation LE is corrupt, or willing to ignore a person's rights? Would it be a leap to assume that they might manufacture bogus charges when he throws a fit to get his own property returned, and they refuse on bogus grounds?

IF, that is the case here in this situation, who is better equipped to deal with the situation? Him, or an attorney?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Under state law, it is just personal property just like anything else. But most local LE will make you jump through hoops and do tricks to give it back. If if it was taken from you wrongly.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Should have been "even if".
    I'm old. Give me a break.
    But then again, they could have accidentally lost it.....

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Even video doesn't always tell the whole story, but that looked pretty unnecessary... I think that chief might have a difficult time articulating why he wanted the guys recording so far back...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I have very good friends who are police officers.

However, the 2 times I needed help from the “justice” system (when my house was robbed and when my wife was shot) they were no help.

Stuff like this doesn’t help my opinion of police and our system of “justice”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, there is a large segment of LE that are nothing like LE officers of twenty, or thirty years ago.

And sadly as well, the justice system isn't about justice anymore. In many ways, it has become politicized for social agendas these days.

Top Bottom