ARJ Defense ad

Olmos Park, TX police still assaulting people who open carry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Unfortunately, there is a large segment of LE that are nothing like LE officers of twenty, or thirty years ago.

And sadly as well, the justice system isn't about justice anymore. In many ways, it has become politicized for social agendas these days.
    Thank goodness cops are better trained and better behaved than 20 or 30 years ago... back then there were no cell phone cameras, no body cams, less policies about reporting use of force incidents. 20 or 30 years ago this kind of apparent abuse would not have been known to anyone beyond those cops and the 2 or 3 that were actually involved...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Thank goodness cops are better trained and better behaved than 20 or 30 years ago... back then there were no cell phone cameras, no body cams, less policies about reporting use of force incidents. 20 or 30 years ago this kind of apparent abuse would not have been known to anyone beyond those cops and the 2 or 3 that were actually involved...

There were some bad apples then and there are some bad apples now. I will not knock the LEO's of fifty or sixty years ago.

I think more LEO's were allowed to show judgement then. Knowing who to come down on hard and who to scare the crap out and then let go. Where to draw the line, where to look away. Seems that now, LEO's are more bound by procedure. And that has both pros and cons.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It's election time. A good time to get the state AG and Governor involved so they can look like they're taking a stand for gun rights of the citizens. And it will be a good opportunity for all the other races to take sides or fall back to political speech.

He should be using that to his advantage.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Better trained and behaved? Seriously? I'm seeing more and more patrol officers, and county deputies that are dressing, and acting like they are members of some elite SWAT team, in small towns.

The county where I live, the sheriff's department services about 6K to 7K in residents in the county. Our elected sheriff has equipped his deputies like they are SWAT commandos. A couple of years ago, he petitioned the county for TWO armored personnel carriers! He was turned down. Point of reference, there is not a lot of crime in our county. They bust a few tweakers a year running meth labs, some stolen cattle, and a few stolen vehicles. But violent crime? We do have some occasionally, but it's few and far between.

You can believe what you want, but officers and deputies of years ago, took pride in the slogan, "to protect and serve" and personally, I'm seeing far from that now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I doubt much has changed. 50-60 years ago you couldn’t pull a magic screen out of your pocket and pull up every report of abuse by law enforcement in .3 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I vaguely follow this on-going drama. There's so much emotion & so little press coverage that I don't understand exactly what is going on. Can someone explain why the police won't return his property or talk to him? Can the police legally require you to hire an attorney for that?

Why was the guy arrested in the OP video? What would he be charged with? Open carrying a rifle is not illegal as far as I know. So, is he in trouble bc of past behavior & police can reasonably assume is intentionally disturbing the peace?

Is there really any chance of these guys winning a civil suit?

To me this looks like attentions whores being attention whores but I'm open to changing my mind. I know we need a certain amount of pushback if we expect to keep our freedoms.
    Can anyone answer these questions?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They can make him show proof his.

Yes I know they took it from him and it's not stolen so it's his. So now he has to become a circus bear and jump thru flaming hoops of bullsheit but....

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I still havent decided what to think of all of this. I may be missing some pieces of the puzzle. On one hand I dislike what I have been seeing out of Olmos Park. On the other hand, I also dont like seeing people go out and intentionally create conflict with police or anyone else. Once again , I will repeat that I probably dont know everything that is going on with this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin

you jest

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Is there a cliff notes version of the update without having to watch an almost 9 minute video?

It's night time. Everyone is on the internet. Current bandwidth speed says 1.2 mpbs. I can read, not watch.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Is there a cliff notes version of the update without having to watch an almost 9 minute video?

It's night time. Everyone is on the internet. Current bandwidth speed says 1.2 mpbs. I can read, not watch.

The city low balled on settlement offers, so lawsuits will be going forward in federal court and will be public record.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    to protect and serve is a ******* joke.............police are not the friends of regular folk.

That's profiling and a pretty shitty blanket statement to make. They are under attack by the ANTIFA loving media and politicians daily. Certain groups of children are raised with this mindset and it shows. Perhaps it's your demeanor and/or the specific officers/depts you've encountered. Back when I was a shithead teenager I felt the same way. I interact when LEOs regularly, most are good guys just trying to make a difference in this twisted society we live in now.

I'm sure there is more to the story under discussion here that hasn't been revealed. Then again, this could just be a pack of douches (thieves in uniform) trying to keep his piece for personal gain.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    @Hoji this guy vapes.
    I don’t even have to click the video to know that. I also do not click videos that have a neckbeard on the cover.

Betcha he has a whole lot of N95 masks for sale on eBay.

Edit to add ;
    He may be a perfectly nice guy who represents us well and the above opinion is mine alone and based off absolutely nothing but judging a book by the cover.

Top Bottom