• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Ok so my dad just of lately has realized of what a gun enthusiast I am...

Anyways my mom hates it but the couple of times I've taken my dad out shooting with me he really enjoys it (He's an ex LEO)...

My first pistol was his old backup Colt Mustang that he had never fired... ever... I've more than made up for it...

My brother loves his Browning High Power... I'm not so much in love...

His Colt Commander however is a gem and with the classic Crimson Trace Grips (Very Old School Looking) it is amazing...

Anyways I have recently fallen in love with expired Colt lines such as the Pony, the Pocket Nine and the 1908 Vest... I was showing him pictures of them and all of a sudden he gets out of his chair and disappears into his bedroom... I've got an idea where this is going... He's in his closet opening his lockbox... My fingers are crossed... He brings out this old leather case and out comes my great grandfather's Colt Vest Pocket .25...

OMG I almost fell over in joy...

I looked at the serial number and it turns out that it was made in 1924... 85 years old...

He still has the magazine and everything... I love the look of this gun from the style of it but the history of it in my family just makes it that much more special... I doubt if I will get it anytime soon and that is fine by me... I look forward to the day when that piece can grace my collection...

BTW... Just as a passing note does anyone know how much one of those might be worth?
    Target Sports

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Colt just needs to start making some of the pistols again that made it famous... Get back to the basics... The Detective, The Mustang, The Junior, The Vest Pocket...

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    No pics? If your family realizes you're a gun freak, errr, enthusiast, they'd understand you snapping a couple of pics to share with the rest of us.

Having a family piece from 1924 in your collection would be priceless in my opinion.

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    My father also has one of those old Vest Pocket Colt .25 automatics. He got it from my mother's father. I did some research on it and I think mine (I mean, HIS) is right at 100 years old. My father said he fired it a couple of years ago. I disassembled and cleaned it. Works like a champ! I've already got my name on it when it's time to pass it on.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    After 85 years in the family, does it matter.
    That's one of those things that even if you went destitute and homeless you never sell.

True but insurance purposes are a different matter... Oh no I sell guns not MY guns... My dad's mustang that he gave to me I will beg on street corners before I let that thing go...

Top Bottom