• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Guns are tools and there is no one tool that does everything well just as there are no guns that do everything well.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    sp101 with 4" barrel, but revolvers are excluded.

Probably a p220. I think it would be easier to carry all the time compared to a G20 SF, which otherwise would be my first choice.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Glock in 10mm w/ some drop in conversion barrels for plinking cheaper. Do a handle chop for concealment if needed.

In my mind that's the only one that meets your criteria easily with mainstream parts and ammo and won't cost a fortune.

If NFA were no issue, there's also a stock that fits into them to make them an SBR for hunting. You could make one yourself very easily though if it became necessary in an emergency.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Besides the Browning Hi Power, this one would work OK. Kinda big to carry, though.
    Bob

DSC_1528_zpsa16390a8.jpg

MCA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Priddy, TX
    The one I carry ... Dan Wesson Guardian 45 ... an alloy framed bobtail commander 1911. Easy to carry as my Keltec PF-9 and considerably better shooting.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Sorry for taking so long to respond. Caught some kind of stomach bug. Finally able to keep myself upright for longer than ten minutes.

Some interesting responses, as well as a few expected ones. I kinda like the Glock 17 w/ the cut-down for carry, and the G20 as well. And a Sig 226 has always been at the forefront of basic multilateral pistols in my opinion. I also really like the idea Benenglish had with the multiple conversion kits for an "build/adapt as required" type pistol. I also agree with YG that people will choose a pistol that works for the one, or two roles that it is needed to fit. That is where the original thought came from. As said, I pretty much have a semi-auto pistol that will fill one or two, maybe even three roles but, none that will fit all roles. Nor do I honestly expect to find the one that will do so. Although, it would be awesome if I could. This was more of a curiosity question and not really a search for question. I just really wanted to see what people thought on the matter and what options they would recommend.

I hope and pray that none of us are ever forced to being cut down to only one. But, if I am, I now have a few very good ideas to go with.

I think this question is easier answered with a revolver.
    S&W 4" 586/686 .357 mag, 6 or 7 shot

THAT, is Exactly why I specifically stated semi auto. (And my choice for a revolver would be a Smith 66 sq. butt in 4" or 6" barrel.)

Top Bottom