One Gun

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cowboy45, May 24, 2009.

1. cowboy45

cowboy45 Active Member

May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    If you can have only one gun, what would it be. Now let me lay out the rules. You have to pick one and one only and make your argument and it is subject to pass or fail by the rest of us. I am talking about one gun that will do it all and last forever and have ammo to last. It has to last beyond SHTF,TEOTWAWKI, Everything you can think of.

I'll start off.

.22 single shot bolt action. No magazine to loose or repair and ammo is common as dirt. You can use it to gather food and self defense in the right mode.Doesn't make a lot of noise, so it would be hard to pinpoint location, not much muzzle flash at night,easy to carry and accurate.
    My .02 cents worth.

Now dont start with an AR-15 and 10k rounds, because you cant carry that much ammo with you,HAHA:texas:

Lets hear from you!

2. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    This is a hard one but,

I think I would have to go with a 357 magnum with a 6" barrel. I can hunt with it, self defense, and take out snakes such with snake shot.

3. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Another one for the .357mag. I'd go with my 4" barreled Ruger GP100, small enough to carry for SD but big enough to hunt with if needed.

[​IMG]

4. cowboy45

cowboy45 Active Member

May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Good choice, What kind of grips are those, stag and ?

6 inch .357 would be a great choice. hard to beat that.

5. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
  6. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    A 12 guage pump shotgun. Does all of the above, and more.

7. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    That'd be my top choice but I'd like something I could conceal and carry with me at all times.

8. Texican Scotty

Texican Scotty Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    My M1 Garand, if I run out of ammo, I can attach the 17 inch bayonet and use it as a javelin.

9. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Anything, because if I've got one gun, I have the means to get another.

Might as well just give me a "Liberator" pistol like they built in WWII. If what I have isn't good enough, I plan on trading up. ;)

10. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'd probably stick with a bolt action Springfield 1903A3 with a bayonet. Iron sights.

Mall ninjas and the government will shoot up all the tactical loads, but .30-06 will be more commonly found all over Texas. It's a heavy round, but I can take anything in North America provided I had to leave Texas, or even shoot a cow with it.

The bayonet has more applicable usages.

Bows and arrows, polearms, traps, etc. aren't hard to make and have worked for thousands of years before the invention of gunpowder as well.