• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    I think we are blowing this way out of proportion. Just pick a gun! If you like the AR then you get an AR, if you like the shotgun then go with the shotgun. Ya'll are coming up with off the wall scenarios. All you have to do is pick a gun not tell a story of how your choice is better than others. If you pick the AR and it needs a part then too bad he didnt say pick a gun and all the parts to go with it that may fail. If your gun fails then your out of luck. Use your gun wisley. GUN and AMMO, pick it!
    Texas SOT

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Your OP sounded like you were interested in peoples responses, but now I question if you accept those that are not in line with your own.

Normally, I'd share the same opinion as you on this (i.e., don't ask for opinions if you can't handle those different than yours), but he did qualify his OP by stating "...subject to pass or fail by the rest of us." The same goes for what "Byaah_19" said.

It's his thread, his game, his rules. If you don't like it, don't play. Simple as that. ;)

I don't like the thought of having to pick only one gun, so I am not playing this game.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I didnt mean to sound deragatory. I simply asked a question. I think you can pick what ever you are comfortable with and stick with it(i.e. run with the one that brung you).
    My reason for the original post was that I have many guns and several are considered my favorites. I was wondering, if you take all the sentiment and warm fuzzy feelings away, what would really do the job in the long run?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    In a perfect world I would want my 30-06 and my 40 in my duty rig but if forced to chose I would have to say I'd go with the .06. It is a very available round my rifle has the old flip up iron sights on it and a 7 power scope. And the bolt action is very reliable. Are we allowed to have a box of ammo or two and some supplies in a back pack, or are we loading the weapon and running?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Only one huh? Well then I would have to go with a Ruger MKII with a 10 inch barrel{ and an extra set of springs and firing pin} I can carry upwards of 10,000 rounds of ammo and that would be more than I would need in my lifetime to feed my family. Remember, most of what you shoot for food will be rabbit sized as opposed to deer sized, and I am good enough with mine that doing a head shot on a deer at 50 or so yards would not be an issue.

Top Bottom