• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    I've had this derringer for about 35 years. Been a great little pocket gun. Unfortunately a while back I broke one of the grips. Instead of ordering a replacement I carved some grips from mesquite. (see photo) While I was working on the little project I managed to lose a screw. I've found one online finally for $3.50. For a 50 cent part. I can choke on that but he also wants $4.00 shipping. Should cost about .42 cents.

Any suggestions from the pro's?

Thanks.

Dog

Attachments

• derringer_sm.jpg
      derringer_sm.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 298

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    In Austin there's a screw shop that has every screw, nut and bolt known to mankind. Its close to HWY 71 and Montopolis.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    If you know the thread pitch and size McMaster Carr probably has it. You'll end up with a box of them though. Have you tried the hardware store? So long as the size, pitch and hear are correct, you can always buy a longer screw and trim it.

Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    Update

Well, ya'll were very helpful but I finally caved. I spent a day and much gas driving all over Austin checking bolt shops, hardware stores and hobby stores. No luck. Not even close. So I ordered on line. I could have done it sooner but it was really bugging me. a 10 cent screw for $3.50 plus $4.00 shipping. Give me a break.

I ordered from Gun Parts - Pistol Parts - Handgun Parts - Firearms - Parts- Grips Screws

You can still help me see how customer service is. I emailed and asked if he had it in stock. His reply was, don't forget the $4 shipping. Never answered the question.

I mailed the check on Tuesday, December 16. We will find out about customer service. I'll keep you posted.

kawi jm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Well, ya'll were very helpful but I finally caved. I spent a day and much gas driving all over Austin checking bolt shops, hardware stores and hobby stores. No luck. Not even close. So I ordered on line. I could have done it sooner but it was really bugging me. a 10 cent screw for $3.50 plus $4.00 shipping. Give me a break.

I ordered from Gun Parts - Pistol Parts - Handgun Parts - Firearms - Parts- Grips Screws

You can still help me see how customer service is. I emailed and asked if he had it in stock. His reply was, don't forget the $4 shipping. Never answered the question.

I mailed the check on Tuesday, December 16. We will find out about customer service. I'll keep you posted.

With a reply like that, he would not have gotten my money.

Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    The Jury is still in session

I said I would keep ya'll tuned in. I order the little screws on Dec. 16, they arrived today Dec. 26. BUT, the didn't fit. Wrong screw. I sent him a new email but he has not replied. I guess I'm going to test this customer service as far as I can.

Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    In the loop

Just so ya'll know, I did follow through with your suggestions. I didn't find anything on brownells. Drove all over Austin checking every bolt shop in town. It's amazing what they wanted to sell me. Seems they would know what it looks like when I show it to them. They'd go in the back room and come out with all kinds of stuff that didn't look anything like I was holding in my hand.

Armatt is still trying to figure it out. Seems what he sent works elsewhere and I have the only wierd gun on the planet. Guess I need to go to a gun show and find one of these to see what size screw works for the rest of the world. Apparently mine is different.

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    Got a similar problem with a bayonet adapter for the HK91. I have the bayonet, the adapter, but not the little screw that holds the adapter in.

Nobody in Houston has what I'm looking for that I could find so I guess I'll probably have to order it on line as well.

Good thing I'm not in a hurry to need a bayonet...

Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    Can't say I would recommend armattweb.com. I returned the wrong screws to them. They refunded the $3.50 but kept the $4 for shipping. I sent them an email telling them I was not impressed but they didn't reply. I am not impressed with my experience.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom