• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I won't be around (with any luck) when this comes up again.

I just hope they didn't learn to much in their last historic defeat, and shall be doomed to repeat it. and the history that is going to repeat will be the closer to 1776AD than 395AD. I guess I could settle for 1852BC though.
    DK Firearms

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    We old guys have seen a lot of changes in the U.S.A. over the years. I worked in radio and TV stations in high school and college in a major Texas city (back in the 1960's).

I remember an announcer once made reference to a "church key" on his show and was immediately fired.

Also they sent a TV crew to the Pink Elephant nightclub one weekday night to show guys dancing with guys. They saw three of their employees there and all were immediately fired.

I remember the married couple living next door that worked for the airlines, she was a stewardess. Importing marijuana, each got 40 years in jail.

I remember Bill Clinton - and he got re-elected after his violation of workplace laws.

Then we elected Obama, twice.

The times they are a-changing...

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    Tuesday night was "Ladies Night" @ Chino's (The California Institution For Men) West facility. Why? Because of the ridiculous amount of trannies lined up to receive hormone therapy at the expense of the taxpayers.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    We old guys have seen a lot of changes in the U.S.A. over the years. I worked in radio and TV stations in high school and college in a major Texas city (back in the 1960's).

I remember an announcer once made reference to a "church key" on his show and was immediately fired.
    Fired over a can opener? I hope he got to drink his beer before he left.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Fired over a can opener? I hope he got to drink his beer before he left.

Yeah, I even checked Urban Dictionary and didn't find anything bad...

I had to look it up as well. I had heard the term used before, but didn't know what it meant. I was expecting something bit more risque than a beer opener!

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    It isn't a "decision", it's a cop out by the authorities who are afraid of a special interest group and so give in and let them have their way. Regardless of the science, the common sense, the obvious inequities. The people who all men to pretend to be women in any sport, are cowards, and have no moral conscience.

It's just like "zero tolerance" policies, it's not about what's good for the community, or the perpetrator, or the victim, it simply removes any responsibility for using your judgment and common sense. These people were promoted to "administrative" level position so that they could use their experience and training to handle individual situations in the best interest of the kids, parents, teachers, community. Zero tolerance gets them off the hook for everything.

The left's ultimate goal is zero accountability for anything. Then, they can do as they please and no one can challenge them.

This is my opinion, which is protected by the first amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America. That protection guarantees that Facebook, tiktok, Google, fact checkers, whomever, have no right to censor this posting in any way without assuming the legal liability of having violated my constitution right to free speech. No matter if they disagree, or find it offensive, or use the excuse of "missing context"

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    WHO CARES. Boycotted Olympics and will boycott any sport that allows this
    Yeah. UFC has been getting weird for awhile.
    1632090488122.png

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It needs to be:
    Trans vs trans
    Man vs man
    Woman vs woman
    I think they could make it fair taking gender completely out of it. Instead of setting classes based on weight alone, it could be a calculation of weight, bone mass, and muscle density. You would end up with a couple classes that would be all women or men, but would have co-ed classes in the middle for the outliers.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think they could make it fair taking gender completely out of it. Instead of setting classes based on weight alone, it could be a calculation of weight, bone mass, and muscle density. You would end up with a couple classes that would be all women or men, but would have co-ed classes in the middle for the outliers.
    There's also other factors, and that could get complicated.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Also they sent a TV crew to the Pink Elephant nightclub one weekday night to show guys dancing with guys. They saw three of their employees there and all were immediately fired.

I remember the married couple living next door that worked for the airlines, she was a stewardess. Importing marijuana, each got 40 years in jail.

I remember Bill Clinton - and he got re-elected after his violation of workplace laws.

Then we elected Obama, twice.

The times they are a-changing...
    Church key...
    Like a bottle opener?

Hit refresh and got my answer.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My wife and I race bicycles. Sometimes she gripes because of race times or the purse size or race length of the women's events compared to the men's.

Women are allowed to race down 2 categories (the pro/1 women can race with the cat-3 men) and I'll remind her she can always race with us in the spirit of equality if she feels slighted. She gives me the stink-eye as I grim ear to ear.

She was national quality fast, but even the mid category men's races are too fast for her to generally place well.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Not sure it would be that easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That said, I know a girl who does TKD at my daughters school. At a tournament last year there were no other girls for her to compete against so she chose to fight the guys there instead. Took first. But she’s incredibly intelligent in how she fights. This was a tournament setting though and I can’t use that to say she could have the same success if many of the rules and safety measures were removed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Many times rules and classes are suppose to be about fairness and equality for the competitors of a sport. Suppose to be.

There are always going to be some that try to cheat the rules or interpret them differently, or find loopholes in order to gain an advantage.

I think that using "transgender" as means of bending the rules is just another one.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Not sure it would be that easy.

I've heard that it varies, but the average male is ten times stronger than the average female. I think that does not take average size disparity into account, but the comparison does not change until the size disparity is absurd.

I've been around a lot of athletics and weight training for a long time, but it never really hit home until one day a couple of years ago when I went to the gym with my wife. I'm well into the large size for a male (about 6'3" with an "very heavy" build that throws off BMI calculations), but she is pushing the extreme end of the female size range (6'0" plenty of muscle mass, and has been running, hiking, and practicing yoga with a heavy isometric component for her entire adult life). So we did some stretches, did ten or fifteen minutes on ellipticals, then went to the weights and grabbed our first dumbbells off the racks. She got her four pound starters, and I took my regular... forty pounds. She said wtf and wanted to try mine. She could lift them, of course, with some effort, but couldn't keep her form.

And I'm nothing special when it comes to lifting, even if you don't count my injuries.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I've heard that it varies, but the average male is ten times stronger than the average female. I think that does not take average size disparity into account, but the comparison does not change until the size disparity is absurd.

I've been around a lot of athletics and weight training for a long time, but it never really hit home until one day a couple of years ago when I went to the gym with my wife. I'm well into the large size for a male (about 6'3" with an "very heavy" build that throws off BMI calculations), but she is pushing the extreme end of the female size range (6'0" plenty of muscle mass, and has been running, hiking, and practicing yoga with a heavy isometric component for her entire adult life). So we did some stretches, did ten or fifteen minutes on ellipticals, then went to the weights and grabbed our first dumbbells off the racks. She got her four pound starters, and I took my regular... forty pounds. She said wtf and wanted to try mine. She could lift them, of course, with some effort, but couldn't keep her form.

And I'm nothing special when it comes to lifting, even if you don't count my injuries.
    I think this example shows that something I read or heard years ago might be true.

Most women don't typically have the same upper body strength as men.

Of course some of those Russian women power lifters might prove me wrong!

Top Bottom