People Eating Tasty Animals that is ;)
    Hurley's Gold

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I don't hunt. Been twice, not my cup of tea. Don't like killing live things. Get grossed out at the thought of gutting an animal. And I know this will upset some, but sitting in a blind waiting for the domesticated (by feeding) trained Deer to come for their free meal so you can shoot them is not hunting. Its closer to shooting the family dog.

That said if its your thing, I will stand with you and defend your right to hunt, in any manner. America needs hunters. Hunting game management is crucial to the Deer and other species population.

I don't have to like it, or be active in it. However as a gun owner and one that loves to shoot wild and nasty coke cans, I must fully support my fellow shooters rights. So know there are a lot of us out here. Were on your side, we just don't want to go hunting with you. I do enjoy the campfire and the stories.

if that is your opinion, you are certainly entitled to it..... and I agree on some points....but... in south texas, where the brush is thick with cactus and no trees except mesquite.... it is almost impossible to stalk up on deer.... hence feeders are used.... no guarantee for a kill thou...
    ;)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    if that is your opinion, you are certainly entitled to it..... and I agree on some points....but... in south texas, where the brush is thick with cactus and no trees except mesquite.... it is almost impossible to stalk up on deer.... hence feeders are used.... no guarantee for a kill thou...
    ;)

I never could see the shooting of deer out of a blind either. I have never hunted deer out of a blind, all the deer I have killed were shot out of a hunting car...

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    This thread just continues with an award winning "WTF" factor!

The thread started off as a "WTF" thread out of left field (or a meth induced philosophical thinking) :p a 1 hit wonder comes along 7 months after it finally died, joins the forum, digs this thing up for whatever reason, then dissappears forever and you guys fall in and keep the memory of a strange "WTF" thread going. "WTF"?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    This thread just continues with an award winning "WTF" factor!

The thread started off as a "WTF" thread out of left field (or a meth induced philosophical thinking) :p a 1 hit wonder comes along 7 months after it finally died, joins the forum, digs this thing up for whatever reason, then dissappears forever and you guys fall in and keep the memory of a strange "WTF" thread going. "WTF"?
    It's because it's got the WTF factor!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I never could see the shooting of deer out of a blind either. I have never hunted deer out of a blind, all the deer I have killed were shot out of a hunting car...
    Yeah We called that "Joes truck" "out on cr xx6"
    I had the X's on there but talking about a bunch of guys out on ''CR xxx'' just didn't look right, or sound right.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yeah We called that "Joes truck" "out on cr xx6"
    I had the X's on there but talking about a bunch of guys out on ''CR xxx'' just didn't look right, or sound right.

Sorry, all my Deer have been killed legally on the King Ranch out of a hunting vehicle.....

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I was just joking. I didn't mean to imply that you were road hunting.
    Are talking about the trucks with the stand welded/bolted onto it? We used to use those for pigs at night. Safer than crawling around in the dark in Rattlesnake country.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I was just joking. I didn't mean to imply that you were road hunting.
    Are talking about the trucks with the stand welded/bolted onto it? We used to use those for pigs at night. Safer than crawling around in the dark in Rattlesnake country.

No stands, just different types of vehicles such as Broncos, Jeeps, & even a 69 (I think) Tornado (which was an experiment due to its front wheel drive) the Ranch turned into custom hunting cars....this was over 35-40 yrs. ago though, before the Ranch started selling Deer hunts.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    We would sit in the cab of an old 86 Chevy 4x4 if the tower truck was either broken or at their deer lease. We would sit in the bed and wait at the water hole for them at night.(hogs not deer)

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No sitting for us....always kept moving until we found Deer.
    Vehicles such as Electra 225's with the roof & doors removed (roof would be replaced with handmade canvas convertible tops) and all exposed areas custom filled in with scabbards for 2-3 guns on each side formed onto the fenders in the in the front for example.
    Nothing like taking a brand new (in 1969) Tornado and doing the same roof, door & fender treatments to it, lol.

Top Bottom