• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Clearly the lack of sightings of open carriers is because most of them have been slain!

Afterall, they gave up their tactical advantage and became targets for all of the B/Gs. ;-)
    Maybe that's why I wind up at Walmart 5 days a week. I got killed and went to hell.

from an idgit coffeeholic

JD9305

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Austin & Ranch in Llano
    Saw one dude at a gas station in LA Grange on Tuesday and then one at a gas station in Llano yesterday. Both looked at me, saw me open carrying as well, grinned and we all went on about our business. As for the clerks they don't care either it's been a non issue since day one.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I Recently posted this on another forum (so some of you may have already read it) but I guess it is appropriate here:

I went open carry for the first time last night. It was our wedding anniversary, so my wife and I along with her parents went to have dinner at The Republic Steakhouse in College Station. It was too warm and humid for a jacket or sweater and the wife did not want me to go untucked casual, so I ended up wearing my baby eagle on my right hip in plain view.

The meal was great best porterhouse I have ever eaten. As for the carry it was a total non-event. Even though our table was in the middle of the dining room so that anyone could clearly see what I was wearing. I saw no surprised or shocked looks or furtive glances, no comments from guests or staff, my gun could have been completely invisible for all that anyone seemed to care.

Well yeah - College Station. But don't be tryin' that sh-, er, stuff in Austin.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I wore mine open at the Domain in Austin. Talk about a hipster paradise. Only funny look I got was from a lady from Germany. Then she smiled when I asked to pet her little dog. We wete both waiting for help inside the Apple store. People paid more attention to the cop that came in than to me.

from an idgit coffeeholic

al g kluna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2016
    we need to thank dr.suzanna hupp,if it was not for her action,we would be openly carrying a stick or rock!!

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I'm glad we're allowed to open carry, but doesn't this let the bad guys know who to shoot at first? For example, a store or bank robbery situation.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I still mainly CC, but I OC I would say about 5 - 10 times a month. Mainly if I need to stop on the way home from work and get something at the grocery store. I have only seen one other person and he was at Academy at IH10 and 99 in Katy. All times I have I have never been spoken to about it. Have got a couple looks maybe. I have noticed 30.06 and 30.07 signs coming back down. We go to a mexican place here in Katy called Chuy's (IH10 and Westgreen) and they did have 30.07 posted most of the year. Went a couple days ago and it is gone. Noticed a title company in the building I work in took down their 30.06 and 30.07 signs. It is great to see people coming to their senses. I still don't get why lots of gas stations don't allow CC and/or OC.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm glad we're allowed to open carry, but doesn't this let the bad guys know who to shoot at first? For example, a store or bank robbery situation.

26 states have permissive open carry, and another 15 have licensed OC. Show me any evidence in any of these 41 states where someone doing so was shot first during a crime because of it...

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    This is the internet so what we see on the internet is true. People post that it must be more dangerous to OC so it must be.

Don't try and fool us with real stats that is just not cool.

If we looked at facts then 90% of the internet would be shown to be false and the world would collapse.

26 states have permissive open carry, and another 15 have licensed OC. Show me any evidence in any of these 41 states where someone doing so was shot first during a crime because of it...

Top Bottom