One Year of Open Carry...

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by majormadmax, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Exactly. I see someone I think is a meth head, I absolutely do not want them behind me. Anywhere.

2. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Active Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I honestly don't think I'm doing any of these, but feel free to stereotype away.

3. Li Ai

Li Ai New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    San Antonio, tx
    fair enough...

4. satx78247

satx78247 Well-Known

Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Went to the Valero about an hour ago & saw a man open carrying a .45 auto in an OWB holster. = First time I've seen anyone OC in months, other than a LEO/security guard.

yours, satx

5. easy rider

easy rider Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    OMG!!! Was it a scary black assault handgun???

Sorry, had to make fun of it. Not to say that I see many around my area, but I guess It does happen more often here then there.

6. satx78247

satx78247 Well-Known

Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider,

Here in SA, persons OC-ing are somewhat less common than virgins in bordellos.

yours, satx

7. claymore504

claymore504 Well-Known

Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Had a lady come to the house to buy some stuff from the wife and she noticed I was open carrying and asked if I do that only around the house or is it allowed in public. I asked if she was from Texas and come to find out she had just moved from the Maryland / Washington D.C. area where she had been a police officer for the past 13 years. I explained that we have open carry here now, but I mostly conceal and always have a handgun on me. She was amazed and said open carry up there got the cops called on you. That got us talking more about the area she came from and it was really sad to hear what it is like near our nations capitol. She then noticed I was flying Old Glory on the house and said if you see the US flag up there on a house, you know they are either military or LEO. It is not popular to fly the flag, or really be patriotic. Said during the election year she saw lots of vandalisim calls against republican voters that made their position known.

Anyways, a 5 minute stop to pick up some stuff turned into us talking for around an hour. She said she has been here in Texas for about 2 weeks and is so amazed at how different it is with polite people, patriotism and outstanding gun laws. Gave her some info on getting a LTC (not sure with her being LEO if things may be different), suggested some things to see and do around our part of Texas and parted ways.

I did ask if she was looking to get on with a department in Texas and continue her LEO career and she said with the hatred for police that she has seen over the past years (especially where she came from), that most likely not.

TheEnglishman, easy rider and karlac like this.
  8. sharkey

sharkey Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah it is a freaking heat wave now in TX. Come by my neighborhood. The OC guy walking the unleashed *ussy pit bull at night is me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. karlac

karlac TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Sad commentary, but thanks for sharing.

That, along with just about every large city in the country, is the cesspool in which the liberal bacteria is incubated and being spread around this country.

Damned disheartening to see just how much it has spread ...

10. satx78247

satx78247 Well-Known

Jun 23, 2014
    claymore504; karlac,

WELL SAID. = The lady was spot on about what Maryland/DC is like.
    (I was stationed in B'more some years ago & it was like that in MD then. = The open hostility to patriots & people of religious faith is why my "adopted family" has removed from Northern VA & MD to WV.)

yours, satx

roadkill likes this.