• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Been OCing since I got back to Texas in August. Love it. Options are great :) I keep an IWB holster in my bag because it's super easy on and off, same for my OC holster (BladeTech WRS LVL2) and if I feel like concealing it's a simple 20 second swap. If I want to OC same thing.
    Target Sports

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    In my opinion, I disagree.

Just don't see what OC offers me that CC doesn't.

Look at it from the criminals perspective. Say you want to rob a liquor store. Easy enough. You walk in. The clerk looks tired, there is one guy stocking and one other guy buying a 12 pack of beer. Once he leaves you pull your gun.

Play it again with open carry. The clerk looks tired but has a gun. The stock boy might have a gun also. You scope him out and sure enough. There is a guy buying beer also with a gun.

You see, this easy job just got prohibitively dangerous. Even a dumb criminal shuns danger and open carry by multiple people is a gross display of danger.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In my opinion, I disagree.

Just don't see what OC offers me that CC doesn't.

For one, you can draw an OC'd weapon a lot quicker than you can one that's CC'd.

Secondly, as Mikewood pointed out, it's a deterrent for criminals; and don't spout the BS that it makes people a target as there has never been any proof to that claim. If anything, studies have shown that criminals don't like armed potential victims.

Lastly, as I stated, it's a right that needs to be exercised to demonstrate responsible gun ownership.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    I've demonstrated responsible gun ownership since I was 14, and nobody has ever spotted my weapon. It's a matter of choice...nothing else.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    For one, you can draw an OC'd weapon a lot quicker than you can one that's CC'd.

Secondly, as Mikewood pointed out, it's a deterrent for criminals; and don't spout the BS that it makes people a target as there has never been any proof to that claim. If anything, studies have shown that criminals don't like armed potential victims.

Lastly, as I stated, it's a right that needs to be exercised to demonstrate responsible gun ownership.

I don't buy into most of the arguments regarding the good or bad of CC or open carry as I can't believe in the so-called "studies" or what people say about knowing what criminals think, etc. But as MM stated, it is something that needs to be exercised for the reason stated above and many other reasons.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm glad we're allowed to open carry, but doesn't this let the bad guys know who to shoot at first? For example, a store or bank robbery situation.

Can you document any cases of this happening? Otherwise it is just more of the same old blood in the streets nonsense.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yeah uniformed officers have been getting shot for hundreds of years.

there is no evidence criminals target oc'ers. In fact evidence collected by FBI over the years show criminals avoid places where folks are known to be armed.

You asked for documentation of people who OC getting shot first and I provided it. Be an adult and accept it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Saccaayo
    Top Bottom