• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    El Paso
    Good morning all, I spend most of my time fracing in Carlsbad, NM and I don't usually get to do much on my off days. I had a buddy of mine mention he got his CHL through a site that gets it from Virginia. Sounds fishy to me but I wanted to see what the deal is with those kind of licenses regarding reciprocity and such.

I agree with what all of you are going to say firstly, a quick one course is no way better than a course taught by a seasoned professional but what about the legal ramifications. Everything I've read online says these CHLs will hold up in court.

What ya'll think? Would it be a fair idea to look into it further?
    Gun Zone Deals

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I did the online course when I decided to get my texas CHL. I had to do the range/shooting portion live in El Paso to complete the state requirements.

The only CHL I have that was completely handled online (and via the mail) was my AZ license.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    What was the name of the online site? And how did you go about getting the range portion connected to it?
    To connect the two parts is pretty simple. When you complete the online portion you take a short online test. If you pass that you are sent a completion certificate that you print and take to the range where you will take the qualifying portion. When that is completed the RO signs off on the certificate and you then scan that and email it to Texas DPS.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    looks like there are different websites... Here's the one I used:

https://app.concealedcarry-ed.com/texas/?campaignid=1053726377&adgroupid=55783032670&keyword=texas chl class online&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw9uAwcCs3gIVRLXACh1DPQXfEAAYASAAEgJ8j_D_BwE

As far as the range portion, I found out a local range here will not take online class certificates. They'd rather sell their LTC class.

So, I was told to find Ben at El Paso License to Carry. He'll let you join his class when they get to the range safety and shooting segments for a fee.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom