• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    So there I was posting the word(s) "gunbroker" as my reply to the prior poster's word "feedback" in the Word Association thread. The next person replied with Armslist. I have used Armslist before but cannot remember when was the last time I did so. I also used and still do use GunBroker. I liked them both for awhile but for some unremembered reason started to shy away from Armslist and use GunBroker almost exclusively. That was until I discovered Hessney Auction Company where I went for many on site in person auctions and now do bidding online because of Covid-19 restrictions on live in person auctions in NY.

Anyway, I queried Armslist on the web to see what I could about them that might remind me why I stopped using them. Could not figure it out even after doing that. I did see something surprising, at least to me: They were founded in 2007 according to this. I had thought they'd been around years longer. That made me wonder if there was another GunBroker competitor that I used earlier on because it sure feels like I used another such site, other than GunBroker before 2007. Of course, maybe not as my memory for timelines has sometimes been not so great. If anyone recalls another nationwide gun auction site from back then please let me know.

I also read up on GunBroker and they were founded in February 1999 (more at this source). When I checked my feedback on GunBroker, I found my earliest transaction, at least the earliest one with feedback, was in October 1999, the year of their start-up. I also was reminded, they started up in shortly after (and probably in response to) eBay discontinuing firearms sales on their site. I cannot say I ever sold a firearm on eBay as my earliest feedback on that site is from June 2000. Anyway, I have been a registered user on GunBroker (both buying & selling) since their beginning year. I must say - it is one of the best auction sites, not only among firearms auction sites but among all auction sites, I have ever used as either a seller or buyer.

Other than Hessney.com, sites like: GunsAmerica & GunAuction, have not interested me much probably merely because I already use GunBroker and it is so good. If anyone uses those other two and wants to chime in about them, please do so. Also, if anyone else knows of any other excellent firearms auction sites please let the rest of us know too.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I stand corrected on when I must have joined GunBroker, apparently it was founded before the date claimed in Wikipedia and I was using it before my earliest feedback. I have a record with GB going back to as early as January 1998 (or at least that is the date shown on GB) for an action I took there.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom