• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    I have never purchased a firearm that way, but am contemplating selling one on GunsAmerica.
    The FFL on the buyer's end Does run the buyer thru an ATF background check and registration out of my name, Right?

thanks~

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Yes, you ship to the buyer's designated FFL and that FFL takes care of the Federal paper work (From 4473) and the NICS if required.
    However, there is no registration per sa in Texas and most other states. When you purchase a gun from a gun shop, (FFL holder) they are required to keep the 4473 that you fill out for 20 years, but there is no tracking on the happens to the gun after you walk out the door.

Keep in mind that even though it is perfectly legal for an individual (non FFL holder) to ship to an FFL, some FFLs feel uncomfortable with that and will only accept shipments from another FFL. Also remember if YOU are shipping the hand gun, you can't use USPS, and if you use FedEx or UPS, you will be required (there rules) to ship via premium next day air. This can cost upward of $75. So, sometimes it is less expensive to have an FFL ship for you, as they are allowed to ship via USPS which runs around $25 in shipping charges.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I shipped a handgun on 2/6/12 via FedEx 2Day service for @ $38. It was done at one of those independent 'we be mailboxes etc' locations.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    If you are buying off of gunbroker or gunsamerica I think you're good to go. As long as YOU can legally own a firearm you will have no worries. I have bought almost half of my guns through auction sites. The only disadvantage is the lack of hand inspection til' the gun is already yours. You should shop for the lowest local xfer fee to stay ahead of the curve.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    On ocassion. I used to go almost every Monday but I have been spending more time out in the country lately. I've done a few weekends out there too but it gets crazy busy and I don't like to wait in lines. If you want to meet up out there and shoot, PM me sometime. I'm typically only available sundays or mondays but I always try to make time for shooting.

Top Bottom