• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    What happened to the little dot that showed whether someone was online or not? No big deal, I just kinda liked it. ;)
    Lynx Defense

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    It's with the firearms classifieds. They are hanging out together down in Margaritaville acting in a manner befitting true Parrotheads, listening to good music and having a drink. Frankly I'm a little jealous........

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's with the firearms classifieds. They are hanging out together down in Margaritaville acting in a manner befitting true Parrotheads, listening to good music and having a drink. Frankly I'm a little jealous........

LOL.

I removed it since it was kinda pointless.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    A better gauge for that purpose would be to click on their name and see what time they were last online. The online indicator just shows that they visited in a specific time frame.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    A better gauge for that purpose would be to click on their name and see what time they were last online. The online indicator just shows that they visited in a specific time frame.

Which is a time frame set by the administrator. So if you were to set it for "15 minutes" and let us know, we'd have a pretty good idea about when someone was 'in the neighborhood'.

I believe the OP is missing the "convenience' of just looking for the green dot, instead of having to click twice to get to the information you suggest.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

I'll clarify my previous useage of the green dot with an examples only because you don't understand how I used it, but regardless, I am not arguing to bring it back. You find it pointless, so I have no choice but to respect that.

Example
    I am viewing a thread, reading a particular post by someone, and I want to contact them privately on matters related to their post. I look next to their name and see the green dot...I send them a PM with the expectation that I will likely get a prompt response, so I stick around longer than I otherwise would, waiting to carry on a conversation. I found it similarly useful if I have PM'd someone who is selling something. If I am checking their ad for any updates, and see that they are online, I can send a quick PM... "Hey dude, why haven't you responded to my offer yet?" or something like to that effect.

Over, and out.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Which is a time frame set by the administrator. So if you were to set it for "15 minutes" and let us know, we'd have a pretty good idea about when someone was 'in the neighborhood'.

I believe the OP is missing the "convenience' of just looking for the green dot, instead of having to click twice to get to the information you suggest.

There are other ramifications for setting the cookie time-out.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'll clarify my previous useage of the green dot with an examples only because you don't understand how I used it, but regardless, I am not arguing to bring it back. You find it pointless, so I have no choice but to respect that.

It's not pointless if it's used by people. I personally found it to be out of place in the looks dept. and removed it because there are several methods for checking if someone is online.

I'll design something that better fits the theme of the forum rather than a big glaring green / red dot.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I'll design something that better fits the theme of the forum rather than a big glaring green / red dot.

Something like these?
    gr_grin.gif

online01.gif

online02.gif

online03.gif

online0.gif

online.gif

online-gif.gif

icon_online.jpg

th_online-icon2.gif
    <-- this one isn't wearing his tin foil hat.

Top Bottom