• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb971

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Cleburne
    Looking for information on an online class. What would be the best one to do? Do you have to go somewhere specific for the shooting portion? Anyone here had any success getting their ltc this way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I don't know of any. But given the tiny amount of information required. It would be perfect for the online classroom. And for gun training you could just play Doom for a hour or so. It worked for a small Police dept. in California. Go Wild Hogs!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    A lot of other instructors I have spoken to are not going to bother with online LTC range qualification as it will be a pain in the ass as far as scheduling and they typically will not work with you on your schedule.( IE not going to schedule a day to run your qual for $xxx, for the same reason a lot do not do one person classes.)

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Point Blank is located in Wichita Falls. They have an online course for $60. They will allow you to do the shooting qualification, at no charge, at their location if you take their online course. That's about a 100 mile drive for you tho.

Your best bet would to be to call around to several places nearer you and see if they will let you take just the shooting portion during one of their regularly scheduled classes.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Or just take a class for the same $60 and get it all knocked out at once.

DPS made the online class a major pain in the ass deliberately.

The only people it is not a pain in the ass for would be people who are exempt from the shooting portion already.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Keep in mind that if you take an online class, you don't just get to show up at the range and qualify with an instructor. There is a mandatory classroom portion before the instructor can take you onto the range and qualify you.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Like many have said above. Most places and instructors will not just qualify you for shooting. It’s almost money out of their pocket. They’d rather you just take the full class with them that way they can make their money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Like many have said above. Most places and instructors will not just qualify you for shooting. It’s almost money out of their pocket. They’d rather you just take the full class with them that way they can make their money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It is more about time than the money.

The online class was designed for people who would be exempt from the shooting portion of the class anyway.

By the time it is all said and done, if you are not exempt from range qual, you will spend more time on the online class ( and money) than if you just blocked a half a day out and took a traditional class.

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    I have heard good feedback about the Point Blank online class. There are promo codes out there that make the PB online class only $24. The online course providers maintain a list of local instructors who will help you finish the class.

I resisted the online class idea at first but it works well for some people who have crazy schedules or prefer to watch the video instruction online in the comfort of their homes. I think online classes are the way of the future for many people.

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have heard good feedback about the Point Blank online Texas LTC class and I help people complete the range instruction and shooting proficiency part. There are promo codes out there that makes the PB online class only $24. The online course providers maintain a list of local instructors who will help you finish the class.

I resisted the online class idea at first but it works well for some people who have crazy schedules or prefer to watch the video instruction online in the comfort of their homes. I think online classes are the way of the future for many people.

I charge people $40 to finish their online class if they participate in part of one of my already scheduled classes or will do it on a private basis for a little more.

Send me a private message if you have questions.

never mind.....

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I've had my LTC for almost 6 years. Been thinking about a refresher course. If I could find one of those coupon codes for $24, sounds like something I'd be interested in.

Top Bottom