• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So I just did my first renewal with the online service.

The receipt says to email or mail the form will all check list items

it says needed items are

this barcode checklist
    and
    txdps will try to use the photo and prints they have.

it does not say what the email address to send them to is though :) is there one or does it need to be mailed ?
    Venture Surplus ad

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    lol I found that link but was not sure if that was the correct place to upload the info.

You would think in the drop down menu there would be a upload checklist forums :) unless there is one and I missed it

thanks

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You would think after $648 million, a little ole website called healthcare.gov would work too, what's your point? :stir: :roflsmile:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    whats healthcare.gov never been there :) oh is it that cool new government insurance program that everyone loves

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    I was told that I stumbled on the correct spot. I went to the RDS site, selected "Contact Us", filled out the required info and attached the requested documents. Done, I hope!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Actually, if the only form you have is the bar code page, you don't even have to send it in. Many reports of folks renewing that way.

I renewed mine online and the only reason I had to mail it in was to send a copy of my DD214 for my discount and to have the new Veteran Designation added to my CHL.

Completely painless process.

I did have to email them with a quick question. My barcode form was still asking for proof of training and shooting even though it was after Sept 1st. Email I got back said it was just a system glitch they were still working out. So I included a print of that email with my mailing just for the heck of it.

Got my renewed license a few weeks later.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    :flag:
    I renewed mine online and the only reason I had to mail it in was to send a copy of my DD214 for my discount and to have the new Veteran Designation added to my CHL.

Completely painless process.

I did have to email them with a quick question. My barcode form was still asking for proof of training and shooting even though it was after Sept 1st. Email I got back said it was just a system glitch they were still working out. So I included a print of that email with my mailing just for the heck of it.

Got my renewed license a few weeks later.

I am really glad the state is giving you (our veterans) a break.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    looks like its taking over a month now I still have not gotten my gold card :)

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    well my Brother who filed online in late Sept just got his renewal. My Nephew who let his expire to wait for the new law to take effect sent his in Mid sept and he received his license in less than 2 weeks. Go figure unless they expedite expired stuff I am not sure if he efiled or not.

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    They sent me an e-mail stating they had recieved the dd-214. Then they sent me a letter stating they had not received it. I sent them copies of the e-mail stating they had received it along with a copy of the dd in the mail. I finally received my card on Feb 27th. The process took 3 months so start early. I'm really glad I did.

Top Bottom