DK Firearms

Only POW, sitll alive, and still in enemy hands...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Guy should have rotted overseas in enemy hands. I hope we got more than this out of the deal.

Last email before getting lost::: Bowe sent a final e-mai*l to his parents: "The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."

His e-mail went on to describe his disillusionment with the U.S. Army: "In the US army you are cut down for being honest... but if you are a conceited brown nosing shit bag you will be allowed to do what ever you want, and you will be handed your higher rank... The system is wrong. I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools...I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid, that they have no idea how to live. We don't even care when we hear each other talk about running their children down in the dirt streets with our armored trucks... We make fun of them in front of their faces, and laugh at them for not understanding we are insulting them...I am sorry for everything. The horror that is america is disgusting...There are a few more boxes coming to you guys. Feel free to open them, and use them."

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Everything I've read from people over there is that he deserted. And he needed to be court marshaled and hung. And a couple of these people I typically believe.

nonattrit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Fort Hood Area
    There is a litany of negative back-seat quarterback comments about his situation and how it happened. They are all mis-informed ignorant people – don’t be one of them. Don’t forget he was 23 yrs old when this happened. I challenge anyone to tell me they made all the right decisions when they were that age. There is way more to his situation that will come out if he’s ever released.

Just wanted to remind everyone what I posted earlier...before passing judgment. Allot of details concerning this entire Isolated Event as well as his Reintegration will come out in time. I'm in no way defending him, but there are contributing factors in this case. I'm not just talking about the Why he ended up in enemy hands, but the Why it took so long to recover him...there will be plenty of finger pointing to go around as this unfolds.

In the mean time we should congratulate both the Bergdahl family for being reunited with their son and the perseverance of all those who made this a closed recovery case.

Last edited:

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Guy should have rotted overseas in enemy hands. I hope we got more than this out of the deal.

Last email before getting lost::: Bowe sent a final e-mai*l to his parents: "The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."

His e-mail went on to describe his disillusionment with the U.S. Army: "In the US army you are cut down for being honest... but if you are a conceited brown nosing shit bag you will be allowed to do what ever you want, and you will be handed your higher rank... The system is wrong. I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools...I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid, that they have no idea how to live. We don't even care when we hear each other talk about running their children down in the dirt streets with our armored trucks... We make fun of them in front of their faces, and laugh at them for not understanding we are insulting them...I am sorry for everything. The horror that is america is disgusting...There are a few more boxes coming to you guys. Feel free to open them, and use them."

The Army will probably promote him, give him a Bronze Star and a POW Medal, and then quietly pretend that the entire thing never happened.

The most ironic thing, to me is that our government traded five fighters who will return to the fight for a deserter and possible collaborator.

Nice.

CJ7nvrstk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    Glad he's in US custody now. Hopefully we can find out now why he walked away from his post. Not happy of the 5:1 exchange but it is what it is. Hope Hellfires take out those 5 soon!

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Everything I've read from people over there is that he deserted. And he needed to be court marshaled and hung. And a couple of these people I typically believe.

From the article Mad Max posted:

Desertion during a time of war can carry the death penalty. But Congress never passed a declaration of war with respect to Afghanistan, and neither President George W. Bush nor President Barack Obama has determined that U.S. military operations in Afghanistan make this a "time of war" for the purposes of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Fidell said.

Were Bergdahl to be charged with desertion, the maximum penalty he would face is five years in prison and a dishonorable discharge, if it's proved that he deserted with the intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service. A case of AWOL, ended by the U.S. apprehending him, would not require proof that he intended to remain away permanently. The maximum punishment for that would be a dishonorable discharge and 18 months' confinement, he said.

If we weren't at war with those bastards, and if the Taliban played no role in 911, and if Sgt. Bergdahl had a problem with harassing Afghanis and killing children (paraphrasing his own words), then maybe he saw it as his obligation to walk away. Maybe that is a betrayal of his "brothers" or fellow soldiers, but maybe he did not place them on a higher pedestal than those other human beings.

Anybody else been in another country and witnessed the slaughter of thousands of innocent civilians from a U.S. invasion that was complete and total BS?

This is probably a prime example of why Christians right now should abstain from all military service until America has its crap together.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The Army will probably promote him, give him a Bronze Star and a POW Medal, and then quietly pretend that the entire thing never happened.

The most ironic thing, to me is that our government traded five fighters who will return to the fight for a deserter and possible collaborator.

Nice.

I read about these guys this morning. They weren't low ranking foot soldiers. They won't be just joining the fight they will be leading it.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I kept hearing today that 6 men died during the searches for this guy.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I read about these guys this morning. They weren't low ranking foot soldiers. They won't be just joining the fight they will be leading it.

'Worst of the Worst': Who Did U.S. Release From Gitmo for Bergdahl? | Fox News Insider

I kept hearing today that 6 men died during the searches for this guy.

10338772_677233118997523_2724224233983938238_n.jpg

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas

Kind of like Noriega was an evil man? Oh yeah, he's still in jail. So goes another puppet of the CIA. Like Saddam and Gaddafi.

Did these "terrorists" ever go to trial. How long were we holding them for?

Are we just going on bogus U.S. disinformation, I mean intel, like always.

Not saying they weren't terrorists or bad guys on some level, but probably some kind of assets.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The Army Leadership has been so corrupted that they will quietly let Bergdahl slip away.

On the other hand, his fellow soldiers will not forget the violation of his first General Order: "I will not quit my post until properly relieved."

He is not a hero, but a total disgrace.

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    What do you think the chances are that the five that were released have been bugged. Maybe a little dental work needed to be done while they were incarcerated. Got a bad tooth we can fix that, sorta thing.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    What do you think the chances are that the five that were released have been bugged. Maybe a little dental work needed to be done while they were incarcerated. Got a bad tooth we can fix that, sorta thing.

Or maybe they were injected by some kind of slow-working superbug or a bomb implanted in their brain that can be remotely detonated.

Top Bottom