• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kapache

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2016
    Shoot Smart, its paid membership + entrance feed. Unless you have the Liberty membership. Seems a bit too pricey

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    This or the quarry

Who owns the quarry? Not trying to be argumentative; just trying to be clear as to potential "private property" rights. Same question may apply to "the river". If it is a government entity (state, federal or county), do they "officially" allow firearms to be shot on government land? Otherwise surrounding homeowners are likely to lodge noise complaints... unless you're far enough out and there is no one around to complain. Even then, you're still relying on 'not getting caught' - you'd probably just get a warning "to clear out' (but who can tell with local yokel law enforcement?).
    With as many state parks as Texas has, I wish Parks & Wildlife would setup and operate some "open to the public" shooting range locations! I bet they'd increase their gate fee intake$!

Sent from my Apple thang.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Who owns the quarry? Not trying to be argumentative; just trying to be clear as to potential "private property" rights. Same question may apply to "the river". If it is a government entity (state, federal or county), do they "officially" allow firearms to be shot on government land? Otherwise surrounding homeowners are likely to lodge noise complaints... unless you're far enough out and there is no one around to complain. Even then, you're still relying on 'not getting caught' - you'd probably just get a warning "to clear out' (but who can tell with local yokel law enforcement?).
    With as many state parks as Texas has, I wish Parks & Wildlife would setup and operate some "open to the public" shooting range locations! I bet they'd increase their gate fee intake$!

quarry and river are private property.

contact cremora on arf for quarry in greenville

"river" means Mickeys lease in Sdallas contact him at ammo depot in caddo mills

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    +1 on that type answer. That's the only point I was trying to get across (good on ya, Renegade); gotta respect private property ownership rights. My son told me he shoots at a quarry in Denton County. I asked him, "who owns it"? He proceeded to give me kind of "a friend of a friend" sorta answer. Needless to say he got my admonishment about getting 'first hand' permission from the owner! Plus he knows he can travel a little further east and shoot on my land between Farmersville & Greenville (he just wants some place a little closer).

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    http://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/...s/rivers/navigation/kennedy/kennedy_faq.phtml

[h=2]Q: Is it lawful to hunt or target shoot in or on a public lake or stream?[/h]A: Hunting or shooting is prohibited on numerous rivers and lakes by local ordinance or by statute.[SUB]20[/SUB] Shooting and hunting on lakes and rivers presents practical challenges even where not prohibited by law. For example, it is a crime to discharge a firearm projectile across a property line, such as shooting from a state-owned streambed onto or over the adjacent private property.[SUB]21[/SUB] Additionally, if the animal or bird escapes to or falls on private property adjacent to the water, the hunter is faced with a dilemma: Retrieve the animal and risk committing the offense of trespass, or stay within the area open to the public and risk committing the offense of waste of game or failure to retrieve.[SUB]22[/SUB] It is not lawful to hunt on or over private land that is flooded by a public stream, if the submerged private land is properly posted.[SUB]23
    [/SUB]

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom