Patriot Mobile

Open Carry and Gun Owners lost a friend last night in a vote.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    What's bad is yesteday here in the 59th we lost Sid Miller as a State Rep. A local doctor in Gatesville had a very negitive attacks on Sid. The good doc would not respond to the NRA or TRSA on his standing on guns. He only said he has a chl as does his wife. Shefflield also said there should be a limit on the number of guns owned and that we should NOT have campus carry. He ran as a republican but his values including obamacare are on the left.

Sid had told me on facebook in the next session we need to show up an voice our feelings on Open Carry he said he'd introduce it. Now, we have lost Sid and I don't know who will chair the Department of Homeland Security and Public Safety as he did. Still we need to push for it but we took a step back with Sids loss.

I don't think this should stop us in our push for this. I am new to Tx and trying to learn how the State House works. We will need to find who will chair the Department of Homeland Security and Public Safety and once again push for our 2A rights.

Whether or not you would open carry should not matter the 2A allows us too. I doubt that 20% of chl would open carry but we need those right including Constitutional Carry. Many other states have this and should be here in Texas, my goodness we have 1200 miles of border with Texas and a citzen should be carrying. Imagine grandma 80 years old who didn't doens't have a chl, I mean gram might not be able to afford it, or want to take the class due to health. Gram might be working in the garden and some illegal comes along.... It happens each day here and we need our rights.

I still think a march of supporters for open carry and meet with the legisatures in our districts for support would help. I know it won't in the 59th Sheffliedl actually wants to limit gun ownership and campus carry. Voted in the 8 county region because of his being a Dr and Gatesville carryied the votes.
    Guns International

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Devil's Advocate: There's nothing to stop that 80 yr old grandma from open carrying in her vegetable garden, assuming she owns the land.

Your other points were fairly valid and I hope someone will take up mr. Miller's mantle in championing 2A liberty.

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Maj. Gen. John Stark (1728-1822)

firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    " He ran as a republican but his values including obamacare are on the left."

If he is for obamacare he is best off being a Doctor, while he can.

Top Bottom