• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil1979

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    I guess if open carry of firearms was common in church, it'd be no more a distraction than open carry on a playground or in a grocery store. But yeah, we all need to be aware of social mores. Speaking of...

I suspect that the clothes some young women wear in church would be more of a distraction no matter how rare open carry (of firearms) was in church. <running, ducking, and hiding!>
    Military Camp

JoeN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    I did not see anyone OC at my church yesterday. Furthermore, I was out and about in East Texas both Saturday and Sunday and didn't see anyone anywhere OC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BigD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Dallas
    My church posted the 30.07 sign, but they choose not to post the 30.06 sign. So I will continue to carry concealed.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Which would seem to support not posting. :)
    If the pastor chooses to use a civil law to stop the congregation from offending members and visitors with their liberties then the pastor (and elders more specifically) have that right.

Furthermore if you read Romans 14 carefully you will see that it isn't only pertinent to the church leadership but to church members.

Directly it speaks to what you said, you should not question the faith of another for choosing to partake or not partake in a liberty.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If the pastor chooses to use a civil law to stop the congregation from offending members and visitors with their liberties then the pastor (and elders more specifically) have that right.

Furthermore if you read Romans 14 carefully you will see that it isn't only pertinent to the church leadership but to church members.

Directly it speaks to what you said, you should not question the faith of another for choosing to partake or not partake in a liberty.

Seems like he's making the choice for others. My reading would be "pastor, you should act and encourage your parishioners to act in accordance with Romans 14. Don't post prohibitions, don't interfere, and don't fear."

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Wasn't Jesus fond of the phrase "don't be afraid?"

I'd worry about the faith of my pastor if my church posted.

and you could move on and start your own church and don't post or join a church that don't post.
    there is no problem here.
    if you are looking for a church that does this and not that, believes in this but not that, is located, here but not there, you will find it if you search long enough.

But you will never find the perfect church because there isn't one and will not because they are all full of sinners

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    and you could move on and start your own church and don't post or join a church that don't post.
    there is no problem here.
    if you are looking for a church that does this and not that, believes in this but not that, is located, here but not there, you will find it if you search long enough.

But you will never find the perfect church because there isn't one and will not because they are all full of sinners
    And that is Romans 14. As long as a church is getting the first order things correct we should not critique them on lesser matters so long as they are not violating scripture.

Top Bottom