• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    OC dogmatism is really ugly.

If you don't support it with unbridled zeal, in any possible scenario, you're just no good in their view.

There's no place in the world OCing shouldn't be encouraged, right? I bet one or more OCer will agree with this viewpoint. Every place, any place, any time, anywhere OCing should be correct and if anyone disagrees they should be severely reprimanded. Are you beginning to see an inkling of fascism rising it's head?

Fascism should be recognized for what it is and you that go bug-eyed with rage when OCing is discouraged for the mildest of reasons (perhaps in someone's church or wherever it might be thought of as inappropriate, yes, there are times it's inappropriate...) ought to recognize you're on the road to making OCing a quasi-religion.

Come to my house OCing and you'd be welcome, (I'm a gun guy and have been for 58 years) but remember some folks for their own personal reasons may not want it at certain times (and I'm not speaking of the Anti-gun types) and you shouldn't go out of your way to excoriate them for thinking different from you.

Unless, of course, your dogma has no room for a bit of a difference of opinion...

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas

If you don't support it with unbridled zeal, in any possible scenario, you're just no good in their view.

There's no place in the world OCing shouldn't be encouraged, right? I bet one or more OCer will agree with this viewpoint. Every place, any place, any time, anywhere OCing should be correct and if anyone disagrees they should be severely reprimanded. Are you beginning to see an inkling of fascism rising it's head?

Fascism should be recognized for what it is and you that go bug-eyed with rage when OCing is discouraged for the mildest of reasons (perhaps in someone's church or wherever it might be thought of as inappropriate, yes, there are times it's inappropriate...) ought to recognize you're on the road to making OCing a quasi-religion.

Come to my house OCing and you'd be welcome, (I'm a gun guy and have been for 58 years) but remember some folks for their own personal reasons may not want it at certain times (and I'm not speaking of the Anti-gun types) and you shouldn't go out of your way to excoriate them for thinking different from you.

Unless, of course, your dogma has no room for a bit of a difference of opinion...

Neither fascism or dogma, defense of a God-given, natural, Constitutionally protected right that "shall not be infringed". Not if it makes you uncomfortable, not if you personally think it's inappropriate, not even if it hurts your feelings. No right should trump another and on your personal property you are King and get to make the rules however your feelings or opinion doesn't trump the right. OC or CC there's little difference, they are assured by the same natural right and restricting one diminishes the other. (ref; Bliss vs. Commonwealth, 12 Ky. (2 Litt.) 90, at 92, and 93, 13 Am. Dec. 251 (1822)

It sounds to me as though you are ranting about the very same thing you are espousing, people that see things differently than you. Fascism is a form of radical authoritarianism, do you honestly not see the hypocrisy of demanding others conform to your view of what's appropriate? I promise I will never come to your church but in no case will I agree the rights of anyone should be subject to mob rule and prevailing sentiment. There is some measure of difference between disagreeing on appropriate behavior and defending infringement of a right.

I don't excoriate you for thinking differently but for demanding that I conform to your personal view of what's appropriate. You have every right to feel the way you do, I have every right to disagree, property owners have every right to determine what they will allow on their property. You also have every right to be offended if I choose to disagree however describing that disagreement as fascism is a bit over the top wouldn't you agree?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

well said.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I don't excoriate you for thinking differently but for demanding that I conform to your personal view of what's appropriate. You have every right to feel the way you do, I have every right to disagree, property owners have every right to determine what they will allow on their property. You also have every right to be offended if I choose to disagree however describing that disagreement as fascism is a bit over the top wouldn't you agree?

I support private property rights as well as the 2A

I can also vote with my feet by not supporting private businesses who ban either OC or CC

its their choice and it's my choice. I;m ok with that

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I support private property rights as well as the 2A

I can also vote with my feet by not supporting private businesses who ban either OC or CC

its their choice and it's my choice. I;m ok with that

We get that part. We just don't understand why you're so selective in defending some who say no guns while supporting others.

I understand your response is based upon your specific situation, and many others are speaking in general terms. I for one haven't set foot inside a Whataburger since I heard they were going to ban open carry even though I never plan on open carrying in public.

Personal choice. We get that. But let me ask you. What if something changed at your church and they posted 30.06 signs at every entrance? Would you still support their decision or look for a new church?

If you're honest with yourself, many of the very basic arguments that can be made against open carry (making folks uncomfortable etc) can be made against concealed carry as well.

I agree with you that a church isn't a good place to open carry, but then again I can't think of too many places that are a good place to open carry in my opinion.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    There's "I can" and there's "I should." Texas law allows for both OC and CC, so both will have "should" times depending on the place, individual, etc. vs. the "can" times which may be different.

Just like I wouldn't wear my OD green arabic "Infidel" t-shirt to church, I wouldn't wear my neon orange swim fins to dinner at a four star restaurant. Can, but shouldn't.

Your mileage will always vary.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Most of my congregation know I carry and am always loaded, $#@!ers make me sit at the back near entrance. Guess why

because that's where the new people sit. cant have an accidental discharge hitting an elder or the preacher ? am I right am I right lol

Last edited:

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Not intending to be obstinate or beat a dead horse Mreed but just to be clear, "can" is not subject to opinion, "should" is just that, an opinion. I personally wouldn't wear an OD green Arabic "Infidel" shirt to church either but you "can", not sure on the neon orange swim fins, I "might". I realize my posts come off as maybe a bit radical, certainly idealistic and honestly I'm probably pretty much in line with what most folks consider appropriate however I am very cognizant of the difference.

I also recognize many people do not as evidenced by the many vocal OC detractors on this forum (to name but one topic) and consider their view of the world as "how it should be by God!" That's not how freedom works and it's not a bit different than the Liberal perspective and control based on their personal view of what's appropriate or "how it should be". I rank "just because you can doesn't mean you should" right about even with "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear", both raise my hackles. Over my years I've witnessed a shift from folks simply disagreeing (sometimes loudly) with how someone else does things to a propensity to develop rules, laws, ordinances and all manner of efforts to restrict and control those things with which they disagree.

It rankles me somewhat and though I'm unlikely to turn the progression of society it does give me the illusion of making an effort that I don't simply remain silent. To TGT membership in general; Please don't take my rants personally (usually, some idiots should take them personally) when I perceive someone stating their opinion as fact or contending their view of the world should matter to me in the least let alone control my behavior or justify legal restriction.

I'm not a fan of spiky red mohawks, I think they are ignorant and can't help but make an automatic judgement of folks that sport them however I would never consider supporting legislation or rules to restrict spiky red mohawks. So long as they don't poke me in the eye with it or plop down in front of me blocking my view of the Victoria's Secret Fashion show they haven't infringed on my rights and as a staunch supporter of freedom I'd support their right to wear it to church, even while wearing an OD green arabic "Infidel" t-shirt.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I think you read me right. I can wear my Infidel shirt to church. I can wear orange swim fins to dinner.

Until/unless I'm told by someone to change what I'm wearing or leave.

Can. Physically able to and not illegal, immoral or unethical.

Should is absolutely subjective and may change.

Whether I should is up to me.

I think you got what I was saying just right.

Everyone can OC everywhere that's legal. That might get them verbal notice which cancels out "can."

The problem comes when someone else's "can" causes someone to change their rules to "cannot.". That's when "should" matters, as in "should have."

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    So to sum this all up if you OC to HEB you might go to jail and if you OC to church you'll probably go to hell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epwrangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    El Paso, Texass
    PC is a violtion of rights on the face of it. PC only exists to limit a person's rights and never to support them. Being politically correct is demanding someone give up their rights because you don't agree. Easter ham anyone?

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    because that's where the new people sit. cant have an accidental discharge hitting an elder or the preacher ? am I right am I right lol

LOL no cause I am the only one carrying. Rest are proud to be sitting ducks or enjoy being target rich environment.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The church jess and I go to knows we carry just like we know who else carries. That comes from us all being like family and taking interest in each other. Isn't that part of what churches are about?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    The church jess and I go to knows we carry just like we know who else carries. That comes from us all being like family and taking interest in each other. Isn't that part of what churches are about?

Others would say thats not being like family, thats butting into people's private affairs. Your mileage may vary.

Although we are known gun "enthusiasts" only one couple knows for certain we actively carry and thats because we helped get them set up for their own CHLs.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

not according to the ones here who say church should be no different than the mall or any other business

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom