Join TexasGunTalk

Open Carry Brunch

Discussion in 'Activism' started by darrenlobo, Jun 1, 2014.

1. The Dave

The Dave Member

Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    sorry for the double post i'm tryingto figure out how to delete the second one

2. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Deleted

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  3. Kennydale

Kennydale Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I'd like to see RESPONSIBLE OC. That doesn't mean I will OC....I think it might make Texas safer, let the BG'S think twice.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

4. Thegomezclan

Thegomezclan Well-Known

Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Kennydale, when I lived in Oklahoma I would meet with about 20 or so other people at a restaurant and we would open carry. I belonged to OKOCA and the event coordinator would call ahead and ask if it was ok if could have meeting. We would show up and all buy food and tip really good. Every place that we met we where asked to come back.

5. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I'm with ya, Dave. OC'ing a handgun is a lot different than OC'ing an "assault-style" rifle. Scaring the general public isn't going to advance the cause, and as many have said before, just because it is legal doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I think we have a strong chance of getting OC in Texas when Greg Abbott wins the gubernatorial race (noticed I said "when," not "if"). Why raise resistance to the possibility by walking into Starbucks with an AR across your chest? What is even the point of that? I have seen zombie-like creatures at Starbucks, but that was only because they hadn't had their first double cappuccino latte express yet. Certainly no reason to shoot anyone!

6. franzas

franzas TGT Addict

Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    x2

7. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Member

May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    The same goes for a blue state such as the one I just moved from. The only people who throw a shitfit are the CC purists.

8. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    no.

9. jbayless71

jbayless71 Member

Mar 16, 2014
    San Antonio
    The folks mobbing restaurants with ARs and AKs aren't doing their cause any favors. All that does is get an eye-roll from the other customers who are familiar with guns and alarm from the uninitiated. It's definitely not a win in the court of public opinion.

10. oldjarhead56

oldjarhead56 New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    I agree with "The Dave." Your hurting the cause, more than helping. Education is the key. The general public, that knows more about what Justin Bieber is doing in the news, rather that what the Second Amendment says is completely ignorant on self defense rights, let alone open carry rights. Wearing pro open carry shirts, passing out literature in public and just talking with these folks is what will help. Carrying open long guns in Texas is legal. However beating people over the head with them, so to speak, is not the answer. Getting active in the Texas legislature, and being an active vocal member of the Texas State Rifle Association is. Remember also the general public has been brainwashed by Marxist politicians and the mainstream media. They are pounded on a daily basis with "gun violence" and how guns need to be controlled. Fight back, but with facts and reason. I want open carry too, but let's be smarter about it. Okay?